BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 7d, 20h, 33m | CPU: 58% | MEM: 2287MB of 4969MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 PostPost subject: Rank Images        Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:07 pm 
Administrator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:47 am

Posts
12392

Location
Merseyside, United Kingdom

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Hello all,

You may have noticed you now have an image below your avatar in the form of 4 stars. These are the new rank icons and shows other users at a quick glance what their "status" on the forum is.

It is only, however, based on post count, so someone who has been here a while might have fewer stars then someone who has been here a few months if they have less posts.

The persons original rank stays the same as the images are based on that rank. The text will also remain above the image.

I hope this helps people out and allows people to see another persons "status" :)

Andy (Admin)

_________________
Image

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:40 pm 
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sat May 12, 2007 1:05 pm

Posts
5271

Location
The Collection Book

Favourite OS
Windows & Phone
Andy, this is a great idea, i like it.

But i have a suggestion, maybe not use stars, but use windows flags (or the BA favicon).

_________________
Image
http://www.thecollectionbook.info
Subscribe to our Image for updates and like us on Image.

Reading Mode only, PM's possible.


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:42 pm 
Administrator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:47 am

Posts
12392

Location
Merseyside, United Kingdom

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
DjRob wrote:
Andy, this is a great idea, i like it.

But i have a suggestion, maybe not use stars, but use windows flags (or the BA favicon).


I did think of that but changed my mind. After all the forum isn't just Windows, its also other OS's and software.

_________________
Image

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:45 pm 
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:45 pm

Posts
732

Location
Norway

Favourite OS
HP keystroke RPL
Aaaw my custom title is gone

_________________
Let's sperg about hardware
E6410 - i5-560m, 8GB, WXGA+, NVS 3100M, Samsung SSD 830 128GB, WWAN, 9-cell, E-Port Plus Replicator
Desktop - i5-2500k (4.3 GHz TB), 8 GB, HD6950 2GB, 2x24" 1080p, Samsung SSD 830 128GB + 2 TB stripe, Xonar D2X


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:45 pm 
Administrator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:47 am

Posts
12392

Location
Merseyside, United Kingdom

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
longview wrote:
Aaaw my custom title is gone


All custom titles were removed, sorry.

_________________
Image

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:01 pm 
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sat May 12, 2007 1:05 pm

Posts
5271

Location
The Collection Book

Favourite OS
Windows & Phone
Got another idea.

There are 4 stars right? Yes

If the fourth star is about 750 posts (VIP post count), then you can do something like this.

Star 1 = Windows
Star 2 = Mac
Star 3 = Linux
Star 4 = VIP, just VIP. or with a tilted square.

_________________
Image
http://www.thecollectionbook.info
Subscribe to our Image for updates and like us on Image.

Reading Mode only, PM's possible.


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:01 pm 
Donator
Offline

Joined
Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:12 pm

Posts
2461
Eww, no. The stars are bad enough


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:03 pm 
Administrator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:47 am

Posts
12392

Location
Merseyside, United Kingdom

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
DjRob wrote:
Got another idea.

There are 4 stars right? Yes

If the fourth star is about 750 posts (VIP post count), then you can do something like this.

Star 1 = Windows
Star 2 = Mac
Star 3 = Linux
Star 4 = VIP, just VIP. or with a tilted square.


That makes no sense to be honest. Stars are simple and give the user the information they need. Thats all its for.

_________________
Image

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:06 pm 
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sat May 12, 2007 1:05 pm

Posts
5271

Location
The Collection Book

Favourite OS
Windows & Phone
Ok.

I just wanted to edit my post to say, forgot it, stupid idea.

_________________
Image
http://www.thecollectionbook.info
Subscribe to our Image for updates and like us on Image.

Reading Mode only, PM's possible.


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:06 pm 
Donator
Offline

Joined
Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:12 pm

Posts
2461
Andy wrote:

That makes no sense to be honest. Stars are simple and give the user the information they need. Thats all its for.


These stars make no sense. All theyre based on is post count bar two or three users. I could go spam 200 posts now of "aaaaaaaaaaaaa" in every post and I'd have a star.


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:07 pm 
Administrator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:47 am

Posts
12392

Location
Merseyside, United Kingdom

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
happy dude wrote:
Andy wrote:

That makes no sense to be honest. Stars are simple and give the user the information they need. Thats all its for.


These stars make no sense. All theyre based on is post count bar two or three users. I could go spam 200 posts now of "aaaaaaaaaaaaa" in every post and I'd have a star.


Yes but you'd also get banned before you managed to do it. The stars show the user, at a quick glance, how many posts the user has and how likely it is they can help.

_________________
Image

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:09 pm 
Donator
Offline

Joined
Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:12 pm

Posts
2461
Andy wrote:
happy dude wrote:
Andy wrote:

That makes no sense to be honest. Stars are simple and give the user the information they need. Thats all its for.


These stars make no sense. All theyre based on is post count bar two or three users. I could go spam 200 posts now of "aaaaaaaaaaaaa" in every post and I'd have a star.


Yes but you'd also get banned before you managed to do it. The stars show the user, at a quick glance, how many posts the user has and how likely it is they can help.


Oh, there is a good 3 hours per day when noone important is here to ban me ;)
But yes, no matter how hard you try to sell this, the stars are still pointless


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:10 pm 
Administrator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:47 am

Posts
12392

Location
Merseyside, United Kingdom

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
happy dude wrote:
Andy wrote:
happy dude wrote:
Andy wrote:

That makes no sense to be honest. Stars are simple and give the user the information they need. Thats all its for.


These stars make no sense. All theyre based on is post count bar two or three users. I could go spam 200 posts now of "aaaaaaaaaaaaa" in every post and I'd have a star.


Yes but you'd also get banned before you managed to do it. The stars show the user, at a quick glance, how many posts the user has and how likely it is they can help.


Oh, there is a good 3 hours per day when noone important is here to ban me ;)
But yes, no matter how hard you try to sell this, the stars are still pointless


Happy now?

_________________
Image

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:12 pm 
Donator
Offline

Joined
Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:12 pm

Posts
2461
Most impressed.


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:32 pm 
Donator
Offline

Joined
Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:42 am

Posts
748

Location
Guelph, ON, Canada
I like the idea as well.


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:22 pm 
Donator
Offline

Joined
Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:14 pm

Posts
6612

Location
United Kingdom

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
Ooh Stars! Nice :P

_________________
BuildFeed - the ultimate collaborative NT build list - Windows Longhorn - a look at a defining Microsoft project


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:39 pm 
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:06 pm

Posts
74

Location
St.Petersburg, Russia
Good idea!!


Top  Profile  WWW  ICQ
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:54 pm 
Staff
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:10 pm

Posts
2628

Location
Land of The Tea.

Favourite OS
Windows 10 Pro x64
Can i have my name back?
Liked that more than these useless stars
I'm a n00b but i haver 900+ posts eh?

_________________
Image
| Personal site - Social links - PC setup | TF2 Game Servers |
Liking traps isn't gay, its not gay if it looks like a girl
I-i-it's n-not as if I wanted to ban you or anything. B-baka. (「・ω・)「


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:56 pm 
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sat May 12, 2007 1:05 pm

Posts
5271

Location
The Collection Book

Favourite OS
Windows & Phone
I think i asked this before, but never got an answer.

Why is he called n00bes maximus?

_________________
Image
http://www.thecollectionbook.info
Subscribe to our Image for updates and like us on Image.

Reading Mode only, PM's possible.


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:00 pm 
Staff
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:10 pm

Posts
2628

Location
Land of The Tea.

Favourite OS
Windows 10 Pro x64
Mr. n00bus to you :P
I don't know i like it tho :P

_________________
Image
| Personal site - Social links - PC setup | TF2 Game Servers |
Liking traps isn't gay, its not gay if it looks like a girl
I-i-it's n-not as if I wanted to ban you or anything. B-baka. (「・ω・)「


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:00 pm 
Donator
Offline

Joined
Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:05 pm

Posts
698

Location
Or-stray-liagh
Hmm, these stars look nice. :D

_________________
pr0gram the pr0grammer
BetaArchive retiree | OSBA Expat


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:14 pm 
Administrator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:47 am

Posts
12392

Location
Merseyside, United Kingdom

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Toshua123 wrote:
Can i have my name back?
Liked that more than these useless stars
I'm a n00b but i haver 900+ posts eh?


You have your name :P Look on it. It says "noob" ;)

Glad more people like the stars than hate them!

_________________
Image

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:24 pm 
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:58 pm

Posts
274

Location
The Bermuda Triangle

Favourite OS
WFW 3.11/Win 98SE
nice add, i'm thinking negative stars would work here too, for people who do nothing but spam and tick people off, but im guessing that wouldn't work 'cause they'd be banned long before that happens

_________________
Image


Top  Profile  YIM
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:26 pm 
FTP Access
Offline

Joined
Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:20 pm

Posts
164

Location
Where The Streets Have No Name

Favourite OS
Windows 7
Pretty smart idea. I personally think the BA logo would be a little cooler than stars though :P


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:23 pm 
FTP Access
Offline

Joined
Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:30 pm

Posts
303
Ooooo.... Shiny!

I have to agree, they are a nice way of separating peoples.


Top  Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next




Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

All views expressed in these forums are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of the BetaArchive site owner.

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

Copyright © 2006-2018

 

Sitemap | XML | RSS