BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 2d, 19h, 37m | CPU: 61% | MEM: 1740MB of 3181MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: I resigned from my job        Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:51 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Hello all,

Those of you who speak to me on MSN will probably already know about this but for those of you who don't, here goes...

Basically, I have resigned from my job that you all know I had. The reasons I won't go into on the forum but if you know me on MSN I will have told you already. Please don't spread it around as I don't want the story getting lost in translation, worse yet, getting into the hands of those I don't want it to.

Put simply, I now have no job. I have no income at all. I have no way to pay for my lodge, food, my car, the BA server, nada. Nothing. I am searching for a job at the moment but with the way the economy is at the moment, its proving hard. I have an interview next week at the job centre so they can help me out with the problems I'm having.

Because of this news, I would appriciate any donations to help pay for the server for next month. If we don't make enough money, then BA will simply go back onto the home server. It will be slow, and probably offline a lot with so little bandwidth.

Craig is a regular donater and always donates £20 a month. That means we have £28 a month to raise in donations. I am getting some more people hosting on the server, one will be paying £10 a month, reducing the amount needed to be donated even more.

I know I am asking a lot but due to my current situation it really can't be helped I'm afriad. I know a lot of you can't donate and I understand that. Please don't put yourself through trouble to donate. I'm asking you if you will donate willingly, not by force. Only donate what you can spare. Don't donate your pocket money, please.

Thank you to everyone in advance for any donations made. I hope BA will continue to live on its current server forever more.

Andy (Admin)

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:17 pm 
Donator

To be honest, accept the offer of iwinux.net.. you need the money for you and not for the servers...

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:22 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Ludacris wrote:
To be honest, accept the offer of iwinux.net.. you need the money for you and not for the servers...

I have already explained why its not an option.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:29 pm 
Donator

Well then, look at all the donations. Only once the donations covered the server cost...

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:32 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Ludacris wrote:
Well then, look at all the donations. Only once the donations covered the server cost...

Yes I do understand that... but its not the point. There are too many reasons to list as to why we need the server we're on now and why we can't move to another host.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:47 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
Damn it Steiner, Lay off with the whole iWinUX Deal. It's not going to get you anywhere.

I'd just like to point out that this isn't a general iWinUX thing. Ludacris is acting on his own on this, as an Admin of iWinUX, I can say that this is not something the iWinUX team has agreed to, and in any discussions about BA, the general feeling is to not make an enemy of BA, and to not be confrontational with BA, something that Ludacris is going directly against imo.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:36 pm 
Donator

it is nothing agains BA, it was just an offer, he does not have to accept it..

I even offered him that I would pay the domain...

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:27 am 
Donator

I kind of understand what your going through.
If you do lose the server, MSN me when your on, we can talk website hosting

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:01 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
SVR 2012R2/Win10
Welp, despite the fact that 1 US dollar is worth just over £0.49, I've donated £12. That's half a tank of gas (petrol) for me. Hope this helps!

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:35 am 
FTP Access

I get paid next friday, and I should get free money from the IRS around then as well.

Jesus, andy, everyone knows to get another job before they quit.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:44 am 
expert01 wrote:

Unless of course it was a decision made in the heat of the moment.
I'm sure we've all been there before.

PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:30 am 
Donator

Dion wrote:
expert01 wrote:

Unless of course it was a decision made in the heat of the moment.
I'm sure we've all been there before.

Though in 99% of cases (and I'm assuming this scenario is part of that 99%) you don't wake up one morning and say "right, I'm quitting my job today", there's usually a few weeks where you are contemplating it. It's in these few weeks that most people realise the gravity of quitting their job, and try and plan some financial security for when they do decide to quit (even if it's a job at Maccas or whatever to hold you over for a month or so while you find a better job).

I might be able to donate something every now and then ... it won't seem like much because the exchange rate sucks, but it'll still help a bit.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:59 am 
Donator

sorry to hear you quit, I would donate but being a student again i don't have much.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:22 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
jimmsta wrote:
Welp, despite the fact that 1 US dollar is worth just over £0.49, I've donated £12. That's half a tank of gas (petrol) for me. Hope this helps!

Thank you. I really appreciate it.

expert01 wrote:

In light of the situation, that wasn't possible, and the current state of the economy isn't helping either.

pr0gram the pr0grammer wrote:
Though in 99% of cases (and I'm assuming this scenario is part of that 99%) you don't wake up one morning and say "right, I'm quitting my job today", there's usually a few weeks where you are contemplating it. It's in these few weeks that most people realise the gravity of quitting their job, and try and plan some financial security for when they do decide to quit (even if it's a job at Maccas or whatever to hold you over for a month or so while you find a better job).

I might be able to donate something every now and then ... it won't seem like much because the exchange rate sucks, but it'll still help a bit.

I'm pretty sure I explained to you on MSN why I had resigned and as you can understand, getting into a financially secure situation wasn't possible.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:15 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7 Business
Ludacris wrote:

Enough of that right now. BA and iwinux have nothing to do with each other. Drop it.

I'll be donating £10 a month as I have switchfeet developments here :)
I'm more than happy to help out, I don't want BA to suddenly go slow.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:34 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows & Phone
@Andy,

Hope to see you got a new job soon.
Because i dont want to see BA offline.

Sadly, i cant donate, dont have enough money for it, if i had it, i would donate it.

Reading Mode only, PM's possible.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:28 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7 Build 7600
Maybe if i get some money from my ebay auctions ill donate. Im attempting to get enough for GTA 4 so if i have some extra ill see. Hope u can get a job as it would be sad to see these servers and site go.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:43 pm 
Donator

Hope you get a new job.
If i got money to spare, i'll dontate, but for now, I still need money for my expenses.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:51 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
All Microsoft operating systems!
Why is everyone acting as though BetaArchive is going to die? When I read Andy's post I thought that he was saying that the reason BetaArchive might be offline a lot if it's on the home server was because of the limited bandwidth it allows.

Andy wrote:
Because of this news, I would appriciate any donations to help pay for the server for next month. If we don't make enough money, then BA will simply go back onto the home server. It will be slow, and probably offline a lot with so little bandwidth.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:53 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
WinPC wrote:
Why is everyone acting as though BetaArchive is going to die? When I read Andy's post I thought that he was saying that the reason BetaArchive might be offline a lot if it's on the home server was because of the limited bandwidth it allows.

Thats exactly the reason and the only reason why it would go offline intermittantly. BA is not going offline completely, stop worrying. It just might be slow or intermittantly offline if we lose the server.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:51 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Longhorn 4074
WinPC wrote:

Andy wrote:

What does NOT mean that we should stop donations :P

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:13 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Thank you to the two people who have donated so far. Milatchi and one other memeber who I was unable to identify through their name or e-mail address. It is highly appriciated.

I have lost track of the donations we have received to be able to put them onto the donations page. I think I might remove the page in order to avoid confusion some time in the future and simply name them on the forum in an announcement instead.

We only need £8 more to be able to pay for the server for another month (eg secure it for 28th May to 28th June). I don't know how long my unemployment will last, but I hope not too long. Its depressing not having any money and not being able to go out and enjoy myself.

I should let you all know however, that I attended an interview at the job centre today and I have managed to get job seekers allowance while I am searching for a job. This at best will pay for my lodging and leave me very little to use for anything else. It will probably be spent for fuel for my car which I'm going to need to get to job interviews etc.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri May 02, 2008 4:52 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Just to let everyone know I have got myself a job interview next week :) Lets hope I get it so the misery can end :)

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri May 02, 2008 5:01 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Windows 10 Pro x64
Andy wrote:
Just to let everyone know I have got myself a job interview next week :) Lets hope I get it so the misery can end :)

Whey hey :)
Good luck! :D

I-i-it's n-not as if I wanted to ban you or anything. B-baka. (「・ω・)「

Top  Profile  WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]