phpBB3 - Sneaky Peak

Information and news about the website will be posted here.
Andy
Administrator

phpBB3 - Sneaky Peak

Post by Andy »

Hello all,

As promised, here is your first sneaky peak at the beta's of the new phpBB3 template thats being worked on.

This is a beta of the title and navigation.

NOTE: THIS MATERIAL IS IN BETA. IT DOES NOT NECESSARILY REPRESENT THE FINAL PRODUCT.

Andy (Admin)

Daniel
Staff

Post by Daniel »

Looks pretty nice!

hounsell

Post by hounsell »

Wow, that looks amazing
Great work from everyone involved, looking forward to when we finally get to use it

Jeff
Donator

Post by Jeff »

That looks amazing. Maybe you could offer exclusive access to VIPS? Might spur on a donation or two.
-Jeff

hounsell

Post by hounsell »

Yeh, that would be excellent, offer beta testing places to the VIPs
Extra money from people donating to get in the beta can only be good for the site, and for you.

happy dude
Donator

Post by happy dude »

Finally a half decent design

Rob Jansen
Donator

Post by Rob Jansen »

I think that it looks great.

But for testing, i think that the forum cannot have an phpBB2 and phpBB3 together (because of conflicting data).
But i could be wrong.

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

DjRob wrote:I think that it looks great.

But for testing, i think that the forum cannot have an phpBB2 and phpBB3 together (because of conflicting data).
But i could be wrong.
You'd be right in thinking that. We would have to make a duplicate of the data and convert it.

Pureelite
Donator

Post by Pureelite »

Andy wrote:
DjRob wrote:I think that it looks great.

But i could be wrong.
You'd be right in thinking that. We would have to make a duplicate of the data and convert it.
Indeed, PHPBB has a few problems with that but i have a way round it.
I feel quite powerful as I have access to v2
You guys Should love it

Luckie
Donator

Post by Luckie »

wow, this looks great
"Theory is when you know something, but it doesn't work. Practice is when something works, but you don't know why. Programmers combine theory and practice: Nothing works and they don't know why."

RichardG867
FTP Access

Post by RichardG867 »

Looks nice.

@"conflicting data", also there is one problem with phpBB2-3 conversor (built-in into installer). I tried on a test forum, it converted unicode chars (eg. áéíóú) to strange chars.

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

RichardGatinho wrote:Looks nice.

@"conflicting data", also there is one problem with phpBB2-3 conversor (built-in into installer). I tried on a test forum, it converted unicode chars (eg. áéíóú) to strange chars.
This will be fully tested before it is released. Its probably down to the database options that causes that to happen.

Pureelite
Donator

Post by Pureelite »

*Notes to self - Tell andy to backup *

Thanks for that dude

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

Neological wrote:

Thanks for that dude
The server does hourly backups and keeps 5 days worth. I'm not stupid like some people upgrading a production forum without a backup. Thats just suicide.

Gnome
Staff

Post by Gnome »

Andy wrote:
Neological wrote:

Thanks for that dude
The server does hourly backups and keeps 5 days worth. I'm not stupid like some people upgrading a production forum without a backup. Thats just suicide.
Me then lol!
Well it looks really nice Should be good, like the server stat in the top corner.

Raiker
FTP Access

Post by Raiker »

And now a fly in the oinment. In my opinion, Betaarchive needs redesigned, brand new style. Sorry, but BA's style is undistinguished. It's grey, it doesn't have its own remembered logo. But this Vista orb... it's the most trivial thing humans mind could give birth to. So personally I do not like neither currently nor new planned skin.
Quod licet Jovi, non licet bovi