Fake Files...

Information and news about the website will be posted here.
Andy
Administrator

Fake Files...

Post by Andy »

Hello all,

As you may have noticed there have been ongoing arguments on the forum regarding fake files. This is one of the reason KenOath left. The "discussions" of these files was getting out of hand and eventually resulted in personal abuse between members.

Because of this, a new rule has been added to the current forum rules in an attempt to stop the petty arguments and personal abuse between members.

The rule is as follows:
Fake Files
13. Do not accuse someone of having a fake file/build or faking something unless you have proof. Because of so many people arguing on the forum over fakes and the ongoing problems resulting from it, this rule is going to be heavily enforced. Any accusations without proof will result in a warning. Any further accusations without proof will result in a ban. If you suspect someone of faking files to annoy/con members, please contact an Admin or moderator about it so further action can be taken.
I suggest all members also review the current rules to refresh their memories.

If you have any problems with the new rule please feel free to discuss it here.

Andy (Admin)

IsaacD
FTP Access

Post by IsaacD »

10 long years, frig the scene anymore.

Kids think they have deep in sources at the age of 12, why bother caring when no one receives respect anymore, they assume bullcrap, but that's all they are.
Last edited by IsaacD on Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slavic Wog to the Core!

My Mark; Shall you RIP. 15/06/1960 - 11/04/2014

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

Alexsis wrote:Yes indeed.

It was a very sad day when Kenoath left, he was a great bloke who shared so many parts of his software collection, going to great lengths on ebay, spending alot of money, cracking the OS so you didn't need a key (Chicago and Memphis), and sharing his collection for nothing but a little respect, and what did he get in return? Idiots accusing him of faking builds, I just couldn't believe the gull of some people.

I felt very upset, not only because of his leaving because of other peoples stupidity of action, but because he was also a Neighboor to me only separated by one town.
You hit it on the head in one... Ken is now keeping away from forums because of the abuse he's been given. He does this stuff in his spare time, something he doesn't have much off, so we should all be greatful.

happy dude
Donator

Post by happy dude »

Always the minority ruining it for the majority...

Namronia

Post by Namronia »

Dont some mods broke the rule when closing the "1.00 thread by d.konieczny"? there were no proofs, no real proofs for being faked...

Beta Freak
FTP Access

Post by Beta Freak »

How can we break rules by locking threads?

empireum
Donator

Post by empireum »

Beta Freak wrote:How can we break rules by locking threads?
He meant "we" closed a thread although it was not determined that the posted files/screenshots were fake, thus unnecessarily locking it.