BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 28d, 7h, 22m | CPU: 12% | MEM: 5639MB of 10881MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 PostPost subject: New Server        Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:32 am 
Administrator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:47 am

Posts
12473

Location
Merseyside, United Kingdom

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Hello all,

Yesterday I bought our new server in the French datacenter I was talking about in another topic. The problem now is that I have cancelled the current server so to avoid paying for another month, which means it is due to go offline on the 27th. The new server has been paid for but is not online yet, and I have no ETA as to when it will be online.

Because of this, if the server does go offline we will be transferred to the home server, yet again, until the new server is online. Then it will take around 12 hours to completely set up the new server again.

I'm hoping this won't be the case and that the new one will be online before the current server goes off. Remember this will make the site a lot faster for the majority of members as it will be European based rather than US based. It will also be in the same datacenter as the SillyProject FTP (as far as I am aware). If not it will be on the same network.

I hope if BA goes offline it won't cause anyone any problems.


EDIT: Specs:

Processor: Intel Pentium 4 HyperThreading 3.00GHz
RAM: 2 GB DDR
Hard disk: 750 GB
Type of disk: IDE / SATA2
Bandwidth: 100 Mbps
Traffic limit: Unlimited

Andy (Admin)

_________________
Image

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A


Last edited by Andy on Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:34 am 
FTP Access
Offline

Joined
Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:21 pm

Posts
458
very coool :D :D

Iam in germany so it should be very faster now :)


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:48 am 
Administrator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:47 am

Posts
12473

Location
Merseyside, United Kingdom

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Added specs to the first post.

_________________
Image

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:28 am 
FTP Access
Offline

Joined
Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:16 pm

Posts
36

Location
Ohio USA
What site do you lease your servers from andy?


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:31 am 
Administrator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:47 am

Posts
12473

Location
Merseyside, United Kingdom

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
DJ 2501 wrote:
What site do you lease your servers from andy?


At the moment www.dediwebhost.com but soon to be www.ovh.co.uk

_________________
Image

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:36 am 
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:06 pm

Posts
1004

Location
USA
Sounds good! It could also be another backup for our files, if you wanted.

_________________
Old-Computer
BetaArchive VIP | Ex-OSBA Member


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:37 am 
Administrator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:47 am

Posts
12473

Location
Merseyside, United Kingdom

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Jeff wrote:
Sounds good! It could also be another backup for our files, if you wanted.


I was thinking that. I was thinking of making our server the main server and SillyProject a mirror.

_________________
Image

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:39 am 
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:06 pm

Posts
1004

Location
USA
Andy wrote:
Jeff wrote:
Sounds good! It could also be another backup for our files, if you wanted.


I was thinking that. I was thinking of making our server the main server and SillyProject a mirror.


That would work, especially because it has unlimited bandwidth. (SP does also, right?)

_________________
Old-Computer
BetaArchive VIP | Ex-OSBA Member


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:43 am 
Administrator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:47 am

Posts
12473

Location
Merseyside, United Kingdom

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Jeff wrote:
Andy wrote:
Jeff wrote:
Sounds good! It could also be another backup for our files, if you wanted.


I was thinking that. I was thinking of making our server the main server and SillyProject a mirror.


That would work, especially because it has unlimited bandwidth. (SP does also, right?)


Yes SP does too but it also means I can do CRC checks etc. Something I can't do on SP because I don't have root access.

_________________
Image

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:20 am 
Donator
Offline

Joined
Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:14 pm

Posts
6612

Location
United Kingdom

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
Yay, another server. This can only be good for Betaarchive.

_________________
BuildFeed - the ultimate collaborative NT build list - Windows Longhorn - a look at a defining Microsoft project


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:53 pm 
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:33 pm

Posts
3899

Location
Where do you want to go today?

Favourite OS
All Microsoft operating systems!
How long will BetaArchive be offline?


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:04 pm 
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sat May 12, 2007 1:05 pm

Posts
5271

Location
The Collection Book

Favourite OS
Windows & Phone
Read the posts:

Quote:
Yesterday I bought our new server in the French datacenter I was talking about in another topic. The problem now is that I have cancelled the current server so to avoid paying for another month, which means it is due to go offline on the 27th. The new server has been paid for but is not online yet, and I have no ETA as to when it will be online.

Because of this, if the server does go offline we will be transferred to the home server, yet again, until the new server is online. Then it will take around 12 hours to completely set up the new server again.

_________________
Image
http://www.thecollectionbook.info
Subscribe to our Image for updates and like us on Image.

Reading Mode only, PM's possible.


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:24 pm 
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:33 pm

Posts
3899

Location
Where do you want to go today?

Favourite OS
All Microsoft operating systems!
DjRob wrote:
Read the posts:

Quote:
Yesterday I bought our new server in the French datacenter I was talking about in another topic. The problem now is that I have cancelled the current server so to avoid paying for another month, which means it is due to go offline on the 27th. The new server has been paid for but is not online yet, and I have no ETA as to when it will be online.

Because of this, if the server does go offline we will be transferred to the home server, yet again, until the new server is online. Then it will take around 12 hours to completely set up the new server again.


That doesn't tell me how long the BetaArchive will be offline. I was asking how long it will be offline, not how it will be offline. I'm sorry, but I was asking how long the downtime will be.


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:26 pm 
Administrator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:47 am

Posts
12473

Location
Merseyside, United Kingdom

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
WinPC wrote:
DjRob wrote:
Read the posts:

Quote:
Yesterday I bought our new server in the French datacenter I was talking about in another topic. The problem now is that I have cancelled the current server so to avoid paying for another month, which means it is due to go offline on the 27th. The new server has been paid for but is not online yet, and I have no ETA as to when it will be online.

Because of this, if the server does go offline we will be transferred to the home server, yet again, until the new server is online. Then it will take around 12 hours to completely set up the new server again.


That doesn't tell me how long the BetaArchive will be offline. I was asking how long it will be offline, not how it will be offline.


Hopefully BA's downtime will be under 15 minutes if all goes well. You might find that the DNS change is the biggest threat and takes the longest however.

_________________
Image

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:18 pm 
Staff
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:10 pm

Posts
2647

Location
Land of The Tea.

Favourite OS
Windows 10 Pro x64
Why wasn't i informed??
This is for the best.
P4'S are very good.

_________________
Image
| Personal site - Social links - PC setup | TF2 Game Servers |
Liking traps isn't gay, its not gay if it looks like a girl
I-i-it's n-not as if I wanted to ban you or anything. B-baka. (「・ω・)「


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:26 pm 
Administrator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:47 am

Posts
12473

Location
Merseyside, United Kingdom

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Toshua123 wrote:
Why wasn't i informed??
This is for the best.
P4'S are very good.


Err... You have been informed. What do you think the point of this topic was? Sheesh...

_________________
Image

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:31 pm 
Staff
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:10 pm

Posts
2647

Location
Land of The Tea.

Favourite OS
Windows 10 Pro x64
I mean you sometimes tell me over msn.
But anyway,
Theres BA Christmas present. :P :P

_________________
Image
| Personal site - Social links - PC setup | TF2 Game Servers |
Liking traps isn't gay, its not gay if it looks like a girl
I-i-it's n-not as if I wanted to ban you or anything. B-baka. (「・ω・)「


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:18 pm 
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sat May 12, 2007 1:05 pm

Posts
5271

Location
The Collection Book

Favourite OS
Windows & Phone
@Toshua123: you are getting arogant, itsn't 1 ban enough?

Maybe this topic should be locked, the necessary has been said.

_________________
Image
http://www.thecollectionbook.info
Subscribe to our Image for updates and like us on Image.

Reading Mode only, PM's possible.


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:21 pm 
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:30 pm

Posts
1524

Favourite OS
Mac OS 9.2.2
Topic overview:
There is gonna be a new server.

Topic Locked

_________________
Image
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC; en-US; mimic; rv:9.3.2) Clecko/20120101 Classilla/CFM
"Stupid can opener! You killed my father, and now you've come back for me!"


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:10 pm 
Administrator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:47 am

Posts
12473

Location
Merseyside, United Kingdom

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Unlocked for additional information.

The new server isn't online, so I have un-cancelled the current server and paid for it for another month. I really didn't want to have to, but thats what I've had to do to stop BA from going offline and risking overloading the home server's connection.

I'll keep you updated with progress on the new server. I might wait on the new server for another month or so until the new OVH site is up and running properly.

As it stands I'm £48 down now because I've already sent payment for the new server. Isn't it a good job its Christmas eh? :P

More info to follow as soon as I have it.

_________________
Image

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:12 pm 
Staff
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:10 pm

Posts
2647

Location
Land of The Tea.

Favourite OS
Windows 10 Pro x64
If you need to you can use my new server till the dedicated's are sorted.
It might take longer as you ordered near crimbo.

_________________
Image
| Personal site - Social links - PC setup | TF2 Game Servers |
Liking traps isn't gay, its not gay if it looks like a girl
I-i-it's n-not as if I wanted to ban you or anything. B-baka. (「・ω・)「


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:13 pm 
Administrator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:47 am

Posts
12473

Location
Merseyside, United Kingdom

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Toshua123 wrote:
If you need to you can use my new server till the dedicated's are sorted.
It might take longer as you ordered near crimbo.



... LOL

_________________
Image

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:13 pm 
Staff
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:10 pm

Posts
2647

Location
Land of The Tea.

Favourite OS
Windows 10 Pro x64
Won bother saying next time.........

_________________
Image
| Personal site - Social links - PC setup | TF2 Game Servers |
Liking traps isn't gay, its not gay if it looks like a girl
I-i-it's n-not as if I wanted to ban you or anything. B-baka. (「・ω・)「


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:15 pm 
Administrator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:47 am

Posts
12473

Location
Merseyside, United Kingdom

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Toshua123 wrote:
Won bother saying next time.........


Why would I want to use your server when:

1. I have my own, and if you'd bothered to read the thread you'd realise that.
2. Your reliability is about as good as a plumbers estimate.
3. I have 2 other servers at my disposal to use if needed.

_________________
Image

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:24 pm 
Donator
Offline

Joined
Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:14 pm

Posts
6612

Location
United Kingdom

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
Toshua123 wrote:
If you need to you can use my new server till the dedicated's are sorted.
It might take longer as you ordered near crimbo.


To be honest, your server is too slow and unreliable to host BA :(
I think if it came to it, im sure andy could find a commercial server from someone else that had a garanteed uptime at least...

_________________
BuildFeed - the ultimate collaborative NT build list - Windows Longhorn - a look at a defining Microsoft project


Top  Profile  WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next




Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

All views expressed in these forums are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of the BetaArchive site owner.

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

Copyright © 2006-2018

 

Sitemap | XML | RSS