Streaming radio for BA

Information and news about the website will be posted here.
Andy
User avatar
Administrator
Posts: 12621
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:47 am
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Streaming radio for BA

Post by Andy »

Hello all,

I was thinking earlier about radio streams, as I tend to get bored at work of the stations I listen to online. Then I thought, why not stream my own?

I was thinking of doing two, so depending on what mood I'm in depends on which one I listen to. Its also for those who don't like one stream but like the other.

Stream 1: Rock/Metal
Stream 2: Pop/Dance/Club

It would be streaming to the BA dedicated server at 96Kbps per stream, since I'd be doing two streams, I'd be pushing my bandwidth if it was any higher.

I was also discussing it with pr0gram the pr0grammer and he said we should do a streamed Skype conversation every now and again, as a way to bring the community closer.

I also suggested that maybe once a week or so that I do a LIVE DJ session where you can request songs through the forum, shout outs, comments and silly things like that. Make some fun out of it.

What does everyone think? Suggestions, comments, questions all welcome as usual.

DanielC
User avatar
FTP Access
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:30 pm
Location: France
Contact:

Post by DanielC »

That looks remarkably like the same "project" I'm currenty running ...
~ Dan

Andy
User avatar
Administrator
Posts: 12621
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:47 am
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Post by Andy »

DanielC wrote:That looks remarkably like the same "project" I'm currenty running ...
So? I can make my own can't I? I doubt you're going to do live DJ sessions though are you?

DanielC
User avatar
FTP Access
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:30 pm
Location: France
Contact:

Post by DanielC »

I'm not complaining, I'm just commenting ...

As for "live", not really, more pre scripted/made for specific moments or events a few hours or a day before.
That'll be done during the SPTR race meetings for example. Apart from that, it's on radom, hehe ...

You're just doing what I always do, see a good idea, copy it, and add you're own "twist" to it ...
~ Dan

Andy
User avatar
Administrator
Posts: 12621
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:47 am
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Post by Andy »

DanielC wrote:I'm not complaining, I'm just commenting ...

As for "live", not really, more pre scripted/made for specific moments or events a few hours or a day before.
That'll be done during the SPTR race meetings for example. Apart from that, it's on radom, hehe ...

You're just doing what I always do, see a good idea, copy it, and add you're own "twist" to it ...
Suppose so

zchri9
Donator
Posts: 298
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:51 am

Post by zchri9 »

do it no seriously it would be cool to see ba radio

happy dude
Donator
Posts: 2461
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:12 pm

Post by happy dude »

Playing copyrighted music? Yes you'll need a licence to do it legally

Andy
User avatar
Administrator
Posts: 12621
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:47 am
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Post by Andy »

happy dude wrote:Playing copyrighted music? Yes you'll need a licence to do it legally
Probably but how many people do you know who have a license?

Apache
User avatar
Donator
Posts: 338
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:11 pm
Location: Devon, United Kindom

Post by Apache »

I quite like the idea of a BA Radio and Andy doing a live DJ session (it would be good to see how good a DJ he is)

To bring the community closer together, rather than having a skype conversation, maybe bring back IRC but thats just my opinion
|3e|\|

Image
Image
The Number One HTTP Server On The Internet

happy dude
Donator
Posts: 2461
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:12 pm

Post by happy dude »

Andy wrote:
happy dude wrote:Playing copyrighted music? Yes you'll need a licence to do it legally
Probably but how many people do you know who have a license?
I said you only need a licence to do it legally

Andy
User avatar
Administrator
Posts: 12621
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:47 am
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Post by Andy »

Yep, but as BA is pretty much illegal anyway why stop there?

I discovered that the licenses aren't actually that much, only about £100 or so (according to a friend).

happy dude
Donator
Posts: 2461
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:12 pm

Post by happy dude »

Plus if you have a licence you won't be sued for hundreds of thousands

Andy
User avatar
Administrator
Posts: 12621
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:47 am
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Post by Andy »

happy dude wrote:Plus if you have a licence you won't be sued for hundreds of thousands
Very true.

Anyone want to donate for a license?

zchri9
Donator
Posts: 298
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:51 am

Post by zchri9 »

i would if i could but i cant dont have a master card

Andy
User avatar
Administrator
Posts: 12621
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:47 am
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Post by Andy »

zchri9 wrote:i would if i could but i cant dont have a master card
At your age Id be worried if you had any type of card

Andy
User avatar
Administrator
Posts: 12621
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:47 am
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Post by Andy »

There is a test stream set up on:

Winamp: http://www.betaarchive.co.uk:8000/listen.pls
Windows Media Player: Copy and Paste http://www.betaarchive.co.uk:8000 into the "Open URL" box

Go to http://www.betaarchive.co.uk:8000 to see stats and song info.

WARNING: Lots of crap on at the moment consisting of NOW CD's 1-66, Rock, Dance, Pop, Rap, etc. I will be sorting playlists out eventually!

Apache
User avatar
Donator
Posts: 338
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:11 pm
Location: Devon, United Kindom

Post by Apache »

Well done for getting it up and running
Andy wrote:WARNING: Lots of crap on at the moment consisting of NOW CD's 1-66, Rock, Dance, Pop, Rap, etc. I will be sorting playlists out eventually!
I'll have to agree with that statement, still i'm looking forward to the first live DJ session
|3e|\|

Image
Image
The Number One HTTP Server On The Internet

Andy
User avatar
Administrator
Posts: 12621
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:47 am
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Post by Andy »

Apache wrote:Well done for getting it up and running
Andy wrote:WARNING: Lots of crap on at the moment consisting of NOW CD's 1-66, Rock, Dance, Pop, Rap, etc. I will be sorting playlists out eventually!
I'll have to agree with that statement, still i'm looking forward to the first live DJ session
Ha, I'll try and do it this weekend. No promises though! The time difference will be a problem for most people.

Apache
User avatar
Donator
Posts: 338
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:11 pm
Location: Devon, United Kindom

Post by Apache »

Is it possible to record it? so that people can still listen it even though it's not quite live
|3e|\|

Image
Image
The Number One HTTP Server On The Internet

Andy
User avatar
Administrator
Posts: 12621
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:47 am
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Post by Andy »

Apache wrote:Is it possible to record it? so that people can still listen it even though it's not quite live
Suppose so. Wouldn't be too bad. However I did intend on letting people comment via MSN/PM etc and then me dictating on air etc so it makes it a bit more personal, if you get what I mean.

Apache
User avatar
Donator
Posts: 338
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:11 pm
Location: Devon, United Kindom

Post by Apache »

Andy wrote:Suppose so. Wouldn't be too bad. However I did intend on letting people comment via MSN/PM etc and then me dictating on air etc so it makes it a bit more personal, if you get what I mean.
Yeah, that would be good You could take song requests and do shout outs etc.
|3e|\|

Image
Image
The Number One HTTP Server On The Internet

Daniel
User avatar
Staff
Posts: 2607
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:11 pm
Location: Germany, Earth
Contact:

Post by Daniel »

Nice. But it's the wrong music...

Andy
User avatar
Administrator
Posts: 12621
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:47 am
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Post by Andy »

D.Konieczny wrote:Nice. But it's the wrong music...
At the moment it is yes. When I get chance I'll make some decent playlists.

Apache
User avatar
Donator
Posts: 338
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:11 pm
Location: Devon, United Kindom

Post by Apache »

Andy wrote:
D.Konieczny wrote:Nice. But it's the wrong music...
At the moment it is yes. When I get chance I'll make some decent playlists.
You workoad is pretty big lol, i'll have to write you out a to-do list
|3e|\|

Image
Image
The Number One HTTP Server On The Internet

Andy
User avatar
Administrator
Posts: 12621
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:47 am
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Post by Andy »

No! Not more work! lol

Locked