AbyssUnderground FTP Server is full

Information and news about the website will be posted here.
Andy
Administrator

AbyssUnderground FTP Server is full

Post by Andy »

Hello all,

Today is a sad day, in that I have to announce that the AbyssUnderground FTP Server and all its hard disks are full. We cannot upload anything more to this server. As a result I will be setting up my home server to do the job that the AbyssUnderground FTP Server does.

There are drawbacks to this though. My broadband is slow, and also has to run this website, so the uploads will be limited to a pitiful 10KB/s MAX and 5 MAX connections, 1 per IP. It will be like the old server psiren set up in the OSBA days with 2KB/s per person.

However don't let this put you off. Although it will be slow, I am working with some people to get more servers up. My plan was to get all the BETA's and store them myself but have faster mirrors elsewhere to distribute the files, so even if the mirror goes down, we will still at least have the files.

I'll keep you updated with this as I progress.

Andy (Admin)

The Distractor

Post by The Distractor »

eComStation 2.0 beta 3 is actually on the server twice......

Yes, twice.

Deleting one will save some pitiful 500mbs of space.

stealth
FTP Access

Post by stealth »

damn why dont we charge for the running of a new server with exclusive files on it? say $5 for a year for a fast server, id be willing to pitch in

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

The Distractor wrote:eComStation 2.0 beta 3 is actually on the server twice......

Yes, twice.

Deleting one will save some pitiful 500mbs of space.
What are the exact filenames of both of the files? I can only seem to find one.

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

stealth wrote:damn why dont we charge for the running of a new server with exclusive files on it? say $5 for a year for a fast server, id be willing to pitch in
We could do that but the servers cost around $80/month. I doubt we would have enough paying members to support that cost, and I myself cannot support the cost.

3DSM
FTP Access

Post by 3DSM »

A sad announcement indeed...

Koptor
FTP Access

Post by Koptor »

end_of_world

lol, internet

tristan
Donator

Post by tristan »

isn't it possible to remove the unnoficial winbeta 32 and 64bit rtm? (or does that rar include both version in seperate iso's?, because if that's it, you shouldn't remove it.)

Luckie
Donator

Post by Luckie »

this is a ISO with both editons included. You can boot the DVD and choose between the x64 and x86 Vista version.
"Theory is when you know something, but it doesn't work. Practice is when something works, but you don't know why. Programmers combine theory and practice: Nothing works and they don't know why."

Jeff
Donator

Post by Jeff »

This is a sad day indeed for everyone here...
-Jeff

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

As promised we have another server up and running. SillyProject kindly offered some space and bandwidth on their server for us.

Marco
FTP Access

Post by Marco »

I'd have a server running, but the Hard drive is going to be RMA'd Then i'd be able to contribute.

Gnome
Staff

Post by Gnome »

Andy you can use the upload on my file server or my ftp.

sp4rkbr
FTP Access

Post by sp4rkbr »

:\ I don't have access to the ftp yet but I hope you get to fix the problem

toshua123 wrote:Andy you can use the upload on my file server or my ftp.
Do you have any restriction on your ftp?
I can't access it using my real ip (brazilian ip) but I can access it using an US proxy...

Gnome
Staff

Post by Gnome »

what is your ip
and what cliant are you using

sp4rkbr
FTP Access

Post by sp4rkbr »

toshua123 wrote:what is your ip
and what cliant are you using
PMed

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

Toshua's server isnt the most reliable. Its rarely online from what I've heard of people trying it.

Gnome
Staff

Post by Gnome »

its the amount of people using ie7 and firefox
its always on

hounsell

Post by hounsell »

If your still short of space, i could donate some space on my server...

Beta Freak
FTP Access

Post by Beta Freak »

By summer there is a chance I may set up my old PC as a Server with a reasonably big HD.
The only issue would be connection speed and it would probably be intermittent.

expert01
FTP Access

Post by expert01 »

Is anyone interested in me setting up a real bittorrent tracker? That way anyone with the beta files can make a torrent, than anyone else who wants to have a server can download all the torrents they need (or have space for), users would be able to download from multiple servers, there would be redundancy...

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

expert01 wrote:Is anyone interested in me setting up a real bittorrent tracker? That way anyone with the beta files can make a torrent, than anyone else who wants to have a server can download all the torrents they need (or have space for), users would be able to download from multiple servers, there would be redundancy...
This has already been considered an un-namable number of times. Nobody would seed after downloading so its pointless.

ppc_digger
Donator

Post by ppc_digger »

Andy wrote:
expert01 wrote:Is anyone interested in me setting up a real bittorrent tracker? That way anyone with the beta files can make a torrent, than anyone else who wants to have a server can download all the torrents they need (or have space for), users would be able to download from multiple servers, there would be redundancy...
This has already been considered an un-namable number of times. Nobody would seed after downloading so its pointless.
My Bittorrent client is almost always on. I'd be glad to seed.

pr0gram the pr0grammer
Donator

Post by pr0gram the pr0grammer »

BitTorrent might now be the answer.

Andy, can't you seed torrents on your server using your bandwidth? Then we'll have fast torrents, or at least some fast torrents ... the torrents not being seeded on Andy's server could easily be seeded by everybody else.
pr0gram the pr0grammer
BetaArchive retiree | OSBA Expat

expert01
FTP Access

Post by expert01 »

Andy wrote:
If people are willing to host the files for their FTP, they'll gladly host them for a BT tracker. It would be just like an FTP server, but easier.