BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 2d, 20h, 19m | CPU: 11% | MEM: 1855MB of 4041MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 PostPost subject: AbyssUnderground FTP Rules Change        Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:16 am 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Hello all,

As of today, the rules for uploading to the AbyssUnderground FTP server have been changed. The new rules are stated below and in the server thread.

Code:
As of 15th February 2007, the uploading rules have been changed to the following. Please read these rules and stick to them in order to keep your file on the server and for it to be moved when completed.

1. Make a folder called "from your_forum_name" and name the filenames appropriately so I know what the file is.
2. Win-RAR the file(s) with fastest or higher compression.
3. Do not add in any files such as "upped by xxx" as the file will not be moved.
4. When files are finished, rename them with "(finished)" in the folder name (not the filename).

More information below:

#############
##Filenames##
#############
When naming your files, please use this format:

{Codename/Name} BETA Build {BuildNo} {ProcessorArchitecture}.rar

eg.

Vista BETA Build 6000 32bit.rar

NOT

vista-6000.32bit_beta.iso

Please use correct "cases" for the filenames. "vista" is not the same as "Vista".

Badly named files will not be moved. If I dont know what the file is because of a bad name, it will be deleted.

#################
##Rar-ing files##
#################
When uploading files please make sure you Win-RAR them in at least the "fastest" compression mode before you upload the file. This makes the files not only smaller but also easier to handle when it contains many files related to the main "beta" file.

eg. The following files may be part of a beta:

Beta.iso
Readme.txt
FAQ.txt

This would translate to one file called:

Beta.rar

##################
##Finished Files##
##################
Please rename the folder you uploaded the file to with "(finished)" in the name so I know when the file is finished. Files not named like this and remain there un-edited for 1 week will be removed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope these rules are easy for you to understand. They were designed to make my life easier and help the files get moved quicker. The less work I have to do, the happier I am and the more willing I am to move files. :-)

Enjoy the server and stick to the rules!

Andy (Server Admin)

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A

Top  Profile  WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]