Browsers that work with XP RTM / Longhorn

Discuss Windows Vista, 7, 8.x, 10 and Windows Server 2008, 2008R2, 2012, 2016, 2019, Home Server, SBS 2008, SBS 2011.
ecumber
FTP Access

Browsers that work with XP RTM / Longhorn

Post by ecumber »

Are there any modern browsers out there that can run on the Longhorn pre-reset builds? (i.e. ones that support newer encryption standards)

Kimberly5384

Re: Browsers that work with XP RTM / Longhorn

Post by Kimberly5384 »

ecumber wrote:Are there any modern browsers out there that can run on the Longhorn pre-reset builds? (i.e. ones that support newer encryption standards)
Opera 36 seems to work fine for me with Longhorn. I've tried it with 4074 and 4008.
I would write some funny comment down here, but I can't be bothered. :P

Caveria
FTP Access

Post by Caveria »

In build 4074 Mozilla Firefox runs to version 46.0.1. 47 and later versions crashes. I've tested it on Microsoft Virtual PC 2007.
Windows 7's end support is on January 14, 2020! It's time upgrade to Windows 10! Windows 8.1 also is supported but not Windows 8!

Selected quote:
Caveria wrote:I found BetaArchive, because I tried to get beta versions of Windows.

1 Year on BetaArchive!

ecumber
FTP Access

Post by ecumber »

Thank you guys for the responses, I appreciate them. But, I also have 2 new questions.
1. Are there any that work on builds 4008-4051? When installing on other builds, I get errors related to Windows XP SP2 features.
2. Is there a way to ignore the certificate errors that Firefox has?

ATeamInc
FTP Access

Post by ATeamInc »

ecumber wrote:2. Is there a way to ignore the certificate errors that Firefox has?
You have to patch the timebomb with TweakNT, patch the activation with winlogon.exe patch (all are widely available online but won't provide them here as per forum rules). After that set the current date and boot, certificate errors would be gone.
Or I believe you can disable these in the settings if you don't want to patch the build.
<!--Placeholder-->

JimOlive
FTP Access
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Universe, Existence

Post by JimOlive »

Chrome works (though it's slightly outdated) for XP.