BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 28d, 4h, 9m | CPU: 24% | MEM: 5766MB of 11991MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Broken Chicago 34?        Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:03 am 
FTP Access

viewtopic.php?t=6996

OK, is the zip file real or fake? (don't kill me, I did not start that topic). If it is real does anybody still have it?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Broken Chicago 34?        Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:11 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
NT3.X Family
Think about it:

The last reply was 10 years ago, and there hasn't been much of a mention since.

(It's fake and probably nobody has it.)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Broken Chicago 34?        Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:16 pm 
FTP Access

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Universe, Existence

Favourite OS
Windows XP SP3, Windows 1.0 DR5
ComputerHunter wrote:
https://www.betaarchive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6996

OK, is the zip file real or fake? (don't kill me, I did not start that topic). If it is real does anybody still have it?

If it was real, it would probably be on the FTP...

3. Windows 10
4. Windows 2000
5. Windows 8.1
6. Windows Vista (SP2)
7. Windows 8.0
8. Windows Vista (SP0)
9. Windows ME

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Broken Chicago 34?        Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:19 pm 

Favourite OS
Debian 10, 6002, 9600
JimOlive wrote:
ComputerHunter wrote:

If it was real, it would probably be on the FTP...

The ZIP is broken.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Broken Chicago 34?        Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:31 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Nashville 4.00.83
Apparently, in around 2006, build 34 was available, but in a corrupt archive, that only appeared once.
viewtopic.php?f=60&t=177&p=2455

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Broken Chicago 34?        Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:16 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
First Edition UNIX
ComputerHunter wrote:

It's a real build, but the zip file was useless - it wasn't readable. That's why it hasn't been preserved to the present day.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Broken Chicago 34?        Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:34 pm 

Favourite OS
Windows 1.0 DR5
Windows Chicago 34 was corrupt ZIP File it possible can be repair. We do not have Zip File was on OSBetaArchive Database. Now OSBetaArchive is offline. It possible can go on Wayback Machine see we can will find it.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Broken Chicago 34?        Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:18 pm 
FTP Access

Keep dreaming. It does not work like that. You also need an account to view posts on OSBA, that means you cannot even see the content of that post now using Wayback Machine.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Broken Chicago 34?        Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:16 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
First Edition UNIX
johnlemon647 wrote:
Windows Chicago 34 was corrupt ZIP File it possible can be repair. We do not have Zip File was on OSBetaArchive Database. Now OSBetaArchive is offline. It possible can go on Wayback Machine see we can will find it.

The file was always corrupt. I was a member of OSBA and I downloaded it, and it was corrupt back then.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Broken Chicago 34?        Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:10 am 
FTP Access

I was on OSBA many years ago and I did occasionally read posts but I can't remember seeing that post, where was it posted and was it in the Windows 9X Line sub-forum?

I guess even if it was real and we find the broken ZIP, there isn't much hope because a few bytes of corruption will make it nearly impossible to repair and I wonder why was it corrupted in the first place. Chicago 34 was only distributed to ~40 people and yeah, the chances of a surviving copy is almost none.

Top  Profile