[REQ] Windows Longhorn wallpapers

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
alpha.burton
FTP Access

[REQ] Windows Longhorn wallpapers

Post by alpha.burton »

im looking for the windows longhorn wallpapers to complete my collection. i have searched google ect... and have found many but have no clue to which are real or fake and was hoping someone on here could steer me to the real ones or maybe a complete collection of all the wallpaper and sample walls that were with it.thanks in advance

Longesthorn
FTP Access

Re: [REQ] Windows Longhorn wallpapers

Post by Longesthorn »

Here's a pack of wallpapers I made: https://mega.nz/#!oPpnWaxC!Ohw89HD9wnQO ... yIpJ88crCU. Some of them are possibly fake, but I did try my best to include as much as possible and remove ones that were obviously fake. Either way it's perhaps the most complete and accurate collection of Longhorn wallpapers.

JimOlive
FTP Access
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Universe, Existence

Post by JimOlive »

alpha.burton wrote:im looking for the windows longhorn wallpapers to complete my collection. i have searched google ect... and have found many but have no clue to which are real or fake and was hoping someone on here could steer me to the real ones or maybe a complete collection of all the wallpaper and sample walls that were with it.thanks in advance
You have FTP access, you could download builds, install them into a VM, and then grab the wallpapers.

ATeamInc
FTP Access

Post by ATeamInc »

JimOlive wrote:
alpha.burton wrote:im looking for the windows longhorn wallpapers to complete my collection. i have searched google ect... and have found many but have no clue to which are real or fake and was hoping someone on here could steer me to the real ones or maybe a complete collection of all the wallpaper and sample walls that were with it.thanks in advance
You have FTP access, you could download builds, install them into a VM, and then grab the wallpapers.
I don't think it's practical to grab ~700MB isos all day just to get some wallpapers (especially on a slow connection).
<!--Placeholder-->

gtgamer468
FTP Access

Post by gtgamer468 »

That would take weeks, if not months to do. Consider this: you need to make sure you already have all the known builds you have and download missing ones and installing them to several virtual machines.

Longesthorn
FTP Access

Post by Longesthorn »

Exactly. This is why these wallpaper packs exist; to save you from having to download hundreds of ISOs and extract them yourself, therefore saving your precious time. The wallpaper pack I posted has Longhorn wallpapers extracted directly from ISOs anyway, as most Longhorn wallpaper packs have the default wallpapers in 1024x768 .jpg as opposed to 1600x1200 .bmp used for several (not all) builds.