**OFFER** Windows NT 4 (ISO)

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
giantsteen
Donator

**OFFER** Windows NT 4 (ISO)

Post by giantsteen »

I have Windows NT 4. Only version of NT that actually works on VM and works pretty well-for some reason this version has NO media player so you may have to install it seperately. Otherwise, it goes fine. Because there is currently no media player it wont play sounds at beginning, but I'm sure you guys are smart enough to fix it for me (for i am only 14 years old and not as experienced in programming as you are) but here is the link to download it at:

**REMINDER** THIS IS AN ISO FILE

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?thhl4gmryyf

I do not know the key so you have to look up a key yourself as i have done to make this work-until i find one i can put on here! Let me know if there are any problems!!!

PortalCake
Donator

Re: **OFFER** Windows NT 4 (ISO)

Post by PortalCake »

Don't we already have this on the FTP?
Program run condition: collect keys. Deadline: 2 days.

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

We do. So unless it's the very first NT4 without any service packs it's not interesting. The ones we got on BA are including SP1.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube

Rob Jansen
Donator

Post by Rob Jansen »

The ones that I have uploaded are without service packs (a year ago or something).

Only Enterprise = Service Pack 3 (because it was made in that period) and also Terminal Server is not service pack free.

giantsteen
Donator

Post by giantsteen »

WELL I HAVE NO IDEA WHATS ON THE FTP CUZ I HAVE NO ACCES S 2 IT YET

Rob Jansen
Donator

Post by Rob Jansen »

WE KNOW!

Please do not type in CAPS, also please use English, not MSN/NETTALK language please.

Also, I was referring to mrpijey, not to you.

Also:
Downloads Request/Offers rules on top of that topic wrote:4. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers. If you don't have access to the FTP servers then ask someone who has (a moderator for example).

TheWahbinator

Post by TheWahbinator »

I have a copy of the original multi-arch versions of Workstation and Server (both OEM and retail discs). I really though they were already on the server but I'll upload them if they're not.
I am here in the shadows

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

The ones we got on the server (except for Terminal Server) are all with Service Pack 1. TermSrv is with SP3.

louisw3

Post by louisw3 »

Well just to warn people, the big deal about sp1, is that the unpatched NT 4.0 disc's tend to corrupt the cpu cache's in multi processor installs...

I remember going INSANE trying to install NT 4.0 on this 4 way Compaq server (never mind it only showing 1 cpu in the text mode, 2 on the gui setup, then 4 at the end) as it kept on crashing... I was amazed as the server ran 3.5 & 3.51 without issue, but 4.0 was basically a no go until I pulled the other CPU's out.

Needless to say the next day when I went to complain and warn people is when I found out that sp1 had just been released.. And it made everything all good.

When the MS rep came by he gave me a 'free' copy of NT 4.0 server with the sp1 integrated saying it'd make my life easier and they were going to pull all the unpatched stuff out of the distribution channels....

So its rare in any way to find an unpatched NT 4.0 server/workstation disc... Uniproc people won't notice any difference.
"Those who don't understand UNIX are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." – Henry Spencer

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

louisw3 wrote:So its rare in any way to find an unpatched NT 4.0 server/workstation disc...
Which is exactly why we want it .

louisw3

Post by louisw3 »

mrpijey wrote:
louisw3 wrote:So its rare in any way to find an unpatched NT 4.0 server/workstation disc...
Which is exactly why we want it .
lol I figured as much, but just had to warn that one person that'll happily try to install it on some quad core machine and wonder why it keeps on crashing etc...

I should have added it was a SQL server with all these vital databases I didn't backup prior to this 'quick' upgrade I got pushed into doing....

Because, you know, "NT 4.0's beta was so short, it must be GREAT!!!!"...

I think the only place you are going to find the unpatched stuff was people that had pre-ordered it... I could be wrong but I recall the MSDN copies we got at the time had sp1 already included; Afterall it was a MAJOR debacle... Esp as they had just made fun of IBM for screwing up the install on OS/2 3.0 at the same time.... lol.
"Those who don't understand UNIX are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." – Henry Spencer

TheWahbinator

Post by TheWahbinator »

Yep, just checked them they're all with SP1. Didn't know it really was that big of a problem that caused all media from there to be SP1 (kinda like what happened with SQL Server 2000a)
I am here in the shadows

J.Byrne
Donator

Post by J.Byrne »

hurricanegeek921 wrote:WELL I HAVE NO IDEA WHATS ON THE FTP CUZ I HAVE NO ACCES S 2 IT YET
Like Rob said, lay off the msn speak would you, its a pain in the ass to read and some of your slang may mean somthing totally different in other countries (Down here Cuz is short for cousin).

AND WOULD YOU PLEASE STOP YELLING IT IS GIVING ME A VERY BAD HEADACHE I AM GOING TO GO AWAY AND CRY NOW.

giantsteen
Donator

Post by giantsteen »

well then get used to it its ENGLISH slang and i recon you speak english too

msr

Post by msr »

thx for sharing

user99672
Donator