PS3 games on FTP

Discuss any beta and abandonware games.
onza110
Donator

PS3 games on FTP

Post by onza110 »

Hello BA,

I seem to be having no luck in getting ANY of the PS3 games on the FTP to run, each has their own issue. I have setup FileServer okay and I can see the games and start them, they just have different errors. For Example MotoGP gives me a "request invalid" and FF13 just spits out a random error. I have configured my DECR 1000a correctly afaik as I'm able to debug SDK samples and run GRID autosport dev build. Currently OFW 4.50 - Any ideas?

Thanks ^^
Last edited by onza110 on Sat May 06, 2017 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mrpijey
Administrator

Re: PS3 gmaes on FTP

Post by mrpijey »

I am sorry but we can't give you support on how to play games on your cracked and modded Playstation. You will have to check with a forum that covers your particular mod.

Edit: I misunderstood the firmware mention as it being a modded firmware version, the topic is unlocked for further replies.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

Darkstar
Donator

Re: PS3 games on FTP

Post by Darkstar »

Maybe because usually you only run specially instrumented profiling builds on those boxes, so I guess it's no wonder retail (or beta) titles don't run correctly
I upload stuff to archive.org from time to time. See here for everything that doesn't fit BA

mibrab

Post by mibrab »

Maybe the games aren't dumped properly, PS3 games can be dumped properly only with a few BD drives AFAIK, I remember this being a topic in the PS3 emulators community. I know that my BD drive isn't capable of doing that (you can always try to dump stuff directly using a PS3 with a CFW, no idea if they did that though)
Also known as Cvolton elsewhere...

WebDemon

Post by WebDemon »

onza110 wrote:Hello BA,

I seem to be having no luck in getting ANY of the PS3 games on the FTP to run, each has their own issue. I have setup FileServer okay and I can see the games and start them, they just have different errors. For Example MotoGP gives me a "request invalid" and FF13 just spits out a random error. I have configured my DECR 1000a correctly afaik as I'm able to debug SDK samples and run GRID autosport dev build. Currently OFW 4.50 - Any ideas?

Thanks ^^

I do believe that some of these builds only run on TEST units. I myself had an issue recently when one build only worked on a TEST but the other needed a DECR TOOL to run on, although it was the same game just builds 2 years between.

It could also be due to the firmware version, 4.81 is the latest firmware but 4.60 is the latest leaked one.

I know 100% that the GRID build works having ran it on my TEST but read below for more info on that.

I know it's frowned upon but using a modded firmware is normally the best option. This way it enables you more access and you can add tools which aid in dumping disks. Although normally I dump PS3 disks in a Blu Ray PC drive using DVDisaster, This gives a 1/1 dump which is encrypted/untouched still.

If I remember right though this one came from a TOOL so uploading via "Target Manager" should work.

Hope this helps a little.