[OFFER] VMware 1.0

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
Bob Pony

[OFFER] VMware 1.0

Post by Bob Pony »

Here's a demo of VMware 1.0:

If anyone is interested in the download link for this software, please PM me

oscareczek

Re: [OFFER] VMware 1.0

Post by oscareczek »

FTP/(Abandonware) Applications/PC/VMware 1.0 for Windows NT (1.0-294)

voidp

Post by voidp »

What's the build number?

Bob Pony

Post by Bob Pony »

voidp wrote:What's the build number?
Build 294

Okaris
Donator

Post by Okaris »

Does the site include other newer versions of VMware as well?

Hyoenmadan86

Post by Hyoenmadan86 »

Old VMware versions aren't so rare or hard to find. In the old days the developers were community friendly, and development included open beta programs, but all that changed when EMC bought VMware and f****d up with the old development model.

In any case, old versions are still more or less available to download them. What would be interesting is if someone actually had a copy of the mythic VMware Tools for OS/2, which were offered as public download for the experimental OS/2 guest profile beta, but aren't available anymore and no one seems to actually kept a copy of them. For sure that would be worthy of being added to BA Archive, and the one which offers them for sure will gain its access to the FTP.

Drapy

Post by Drapy »

I thought VirtualBox is first to make that virtual machine, than VMvare
Nope, I'm back on the same old account.

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

Virtualbox came before VMWare Workstation yes, but how is that relevant here? No one claimed VMWare were the first to make a hypervisor.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

Darkstar
Donator

Post by Darkstar »

Drapy wrote:I thought VirtualBox is first to make that virtual machine, than VMvare
The first VirtualBox release was in 2007, while the first VMware Workstation release was before 2000
I upload stuff to archive.org from time to time. See here for everything that doesn't fit BA

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

Ah, you're quite right. Was looking at the wrong dates :). VMWare Workstation was released in 1999, VirtualBox in 2007.

voidp

Post by voidp »

Hyoenmadan86 wrote:Old VMware versions aren't so rare or hard to find. In the old days the developers were community friendly, and development included open beta programs, but all that changed when EMC bought VMware and f****d up with the old development model.
Betas (open or closed) were still available through at least 2015, but perhaps less visible. No beta has appeared since the layoff at the California office earlier this year. Time will tell if betas are ever offered again.

I think BA has every release version of VMware for Windows. It has most of the known betas too. Perhaps when archive.org improves its search engine some of the 0.x - 2.x alphas (!) and betas can be recovered, and also some of the rumored 4.x.x betas.

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

I have a whole bunch of VMWare abandonware I have not put on BA yet as I need to check every one of them and check the dates, but we should have most of the older versions.