Install Windows Vista Build 5270 without changing bios date.

Discuss Windows Vista/Server 2008 to Windows 10.
vOSdev

Install Windows Vista Build 5270 without changing bios date.

Post by vOSdev »

I gonna install Windows Vista Build 5270 in my PC, in dual boot with Windows 10, but i don't wanna to change bios date of my computer, it's possible to install Vista 5270 without changing bios date?
And i already know that is not recommended to use betas in main computers, but i don't like to install OSes in virtual machine, so i gonna make a dual boot.

Splitwirez

Re: Install Windows Vista Build 5270 without changing bios d

Post by Splitwirez »

Umm...I don't mean to burst your bubble, but you'd be lucky to get 5270 to work at all, BIOS date or not. Unless your computer is from around the era it was released in.

yourepicfailure
Donator

Post by yourepicfailure »

It's possible. You just need to find the winlogon patcher for Vsta beta two, patch it, then place it back into the install.

To install on modern hardware, you need to slipstream XP Sata drivers for your hardware into the PE, and the setup may allow you to add drivers during install. Or slipstream them into install.wim.
Even then, bootmgr won't have support for Sata, so you'll have to use a newer version for both the CD and your disk.
"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot; C++ makes it harder, but when you do it blows your whole leg off"
You will never tear me from the grasp of the Pentium M!

vOSdev

Post by vOSdev »

I think i not gonna need to slipstream the XP Sata drivers, my BIOS is in IDE Mode.

vOSdev

Post by vOSdev »

It's possible to remove the timebomb of 5270 or 5384?

Splitwirez

Post by Splitwirez »

yourepicfailure wrote:It's possible. You just need to find the winlogon patcher for Vsta beta two, patch it, then place it back into the install.

To install on modern hardware, you need to slipstream XP Sata drivers for your hardware into the PE, and the setup may allow you to add drivers during install. Or slipstream them into install.wim.
Even then, bootmgr won't have support for Sata, so you'll have to use a newer version for both the CD and your disk.
Apologies for the erroneous answer. I had a feeling someone was going to come in and correct me on that... .-.

vOSdev wrote:It's possible to remove the timebomb of 5270 or 5384?
That's what the Winlogon patch is for.

vOSdev

Post by vOSdev »

I need help, i can't boot in windows 10 anymore, i tried to recover windows 10 boot wih bootrec in windows 10 install dvd, but don't worked.
In the boot show both OSes, but i can't boot in windows 10 (winload.exe error), how use windows 10 bcd instead of vista beta bcd? Using bcdboot command instead of bootsect command?

EDIT: Problem solved! "bcdboot C:\Windows" solved the problem.

EDIT 2: I gonna recover windows 10 boot again, when i select vista entry in boot, the PC restarts in vista boot menu, but with an error and i can't boot in Vista 5270... I gonna delete Vista entry from bcd and delete the vista partition. It's not possible to make a dual boot between windows 10 and vista build 5270.

sparcdr

Post by sparcdr »

The problem with slipstreaming is not as easy to solve as it was with nLite and XP. For the lulz I got my Z97 Haswell working with XP Pro SP3, but the USB 3.0 and Intel MEI (Management) doesn't work as expected. I thought Vista was the first system that included generic AHCI support. I normally wouldn't recommend a manager, but I've used EasyBCD to remove duplicate Ubuntu entries before. You can also do this manually by deleting the sub-directories after mounting the hidden EFI System Partition (VFAT).

Going back to 2000 I've even booted Solaris 9 and Mac OS X 10.4 (Thinkpad T30) via XP's boot loader so it's hard to believe that you can't multi-boot a beta of Vista and 10 so long as you retain CSM under EFI and have secure boot disabled. It's more wise to install Windows without any EFI rather than later because it causes problems with the hardware signature and loader when you try to switch between them.

recycle.bin
Donator

Post by recycle.bin »

FWIW, if you manage to conjure some sort of setup up it wouldn't be plausible to use on a long-term basis. If you plan to use it as a day-to-day operating system you're going to find lots of bugs and problems when using any beta. If it's just for fooling around with, why not run it as a virtual machine? There's lots of great free software like VMWare Player and VirtualBox if you don't want something like VMWare Workstation.
God helps those who help themselves. The government helps the rest.