shutdown sound in W95

Discuss Windows 95, 98 and ME.
Mister RoyFoy1

shutdown sound in W95

Post by Mister RoyFoy1 »

I am trying to get shutdown sound in windows 95 but when I try to apply it in control panel there is only "Start" and "The microsoft sound" in the media folder and thats it. This is W95B and I did get sound drivers working but doesn't have the correct files. Any help?

TheOtherGuy

Re: shutdown sound in W95

Post by TheOtherGuy »

Is the shutdown sound you're looking for actually in the "C:\Windows\Media" folder.

Mister RoyFoy1

Post by Mister RoyFoy1 »

TheOtherGuy wrote:Is the shutdown sound you're looking for actually in the "C:\Windows\Media" folder.
Umm the same media folder of control panel sounds menu is the same in C:\windows\media

TheOtherGuy

Post by TheOtherGuy »

Mister RoyFoy1 wrote:
TheOtherGuy wrote:Is the shutdown sound you're looking for actually in the "C:\Windows\Media" folder.
Umm the same media folder of control panel sounds menu is the same in C:\windows\media
Yes the sounds you see in the control panel sounds options are in C:\Windows\Media.

Bob Pony

Post by Bob Pony »

Mister RoyFoy1 wrote:I am trying to get shutdown sound in windows 95 but when I try to apply it in control panel there is only "Start" and "The microsoft sound" in the media folder and thats it. This is W95B and I did get sound drivers working but doesn't have the correct files. Any help?
Is it the floppy or ISO version?

Drapy

Post by Drapy »

find tada.wav in C:/Windows/Media
that's it.
Nope, I'm back on the same old account.

Homers
Location: Bliss, Sonoma, CA ...... (the most beautiful place in the world >>>)

Post by Homers »

It's got nothing to do with drivers, it's simply if the WAV files are in the C:/Windows/Media. If for some reason it's not there you'll have to manually transfer it from e.g. another PC.
Long live Windows XP!

ImageImage

winlego3210

Post by winlego3210 »

Rest of the sounds:
https://mega.nz/#!GpRGVZBB

Insert disk image, navigate to Media directory and right click on MEDIAOPT.INF, then click on Install in the context menu.
x86 assembly: imperial
68k assembly: metric