A ton of abandonware (3.5", 5.25", CD) - DOS - WinME, Novell

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
meagain
Donator

A ton of abandonware (3.5", 5.25", CD) - DOS - WinME, Novell

Post by meagain »

Hi,

Recently purchased a box of abandonware software on eBay for £1.20 delivered. Opened it expecting some terrible shareware games but found huge amounts of operating systems, various versions of Visual Studio, Access, etc, as well as some Atari games.

Due to the inability to upload more than one image at a time with the BA image uploader, I have temporarily put the images in an album on imgur postimage whilst I sort out the disks. If any of this stuff isn't on the FTP I will be happy to dump and scan it but I don't feel like doing this for the whole lot just to get "additional scans" of software we already have. Sorry, I just don't have time to dump and scan all these disks.

Image Album 1: http://postimg.org/gallery/17p76zgoq/

Image Album 2: http://postimg.org/gallery/39rza3rcq/
Any users with a KryoFlux in the UK: if you could dump some floppies if I send them to you, that'd be awesome. PM me.

The Distractor

Re: A ton of abandonware (3.5", 5.25", CD) - DOS - WinME, No

Post by The Distractor »

nice! that MS-DOS 4.x Toshiba OEM looks interesting!

tarlabnor

Post by tarlabnor »

Great collection !

IBM Aix 1.2 for PS/2 (+ correction disks) is definitely misssing on the BA ftp (there's 1.3 there). Would be nice to have it properly dumped.
As well as Symantec ACT! 2.0 for Windows.

LoneCrusader
Donator

Post by LoneCrusader »

Sometimes you get lucky like that! lol
Will be interesting to see if the Windows 95 with USB Support disc is 95B or 95C. 95B disks are very common but 95C is rare.

Battler
Donator

Post by Battler »

The MS-DOS 5.00 720k (3.5") seems to be non-upgrade. The current one on the FTP was provided by me and seems to be a bad copy (IO.SYS on Disk 1 seems to be partially damaged, and I have no idea what else is possibly damaged there) so a dump of your copy would be a nice replacement for what's there.
Also the Windows 3.1 7 disk 3.5" version would be nice to have as well.
Main developer of the 86Box emulator.
Join the 86Box Discord server, a nice community for true enthusiasts and 86Box supports!

The anime channel is on the Ring of Lightning Discord server.

Check out our SoftHistory Forum for quality discussion about older software.

meagain
Donator

Post by meagain »

I'll dump, scan, and upload all of that tomorrow. Anything 5.25" / copy protected I can't dump but would be happy to send to another member to do so.
Any users with a KryoFlux in the UK: if you could dump some floppies if I send them to you, that'd be awesome. PM me.

wbyte
Donator

Post by wbyte »

Do you have all 16 AIX 1.2 floppies ?

Code: Select all

SYSTEM V/68 Release 3.0  Version 1-Rev_A  M68020
sysV68
Copyright (c) 1984 AT&T
Copyright (c) 1985 Motorola, Inc.
All Rights Reserved

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

Well, after checking your stuff against BA I can see the following of interest (it's all mixed since I follow your chain of screenshots):

- The Windows XP Experience disc
- Visio 2003 Standard trial
- MSDN - Visual Studio 97
- MSDE for Visual Studio
- MSDN Disc (January 98)
- Publisher 97 CD Deluxe
- MSDN Disc (July 95)
- Visual Studio 6
- The Encarta disc (only back cover in your photos)
- King's Quest (??)
- IBM AIX floppy set
- Atari floppy set
- Borland C++ floppy set
- Novell Netware 3.12 floppy set
- Microsoft Windows ??? (red label floppy set)
- Novell Netware 2.15 (5.25'')
- Microsoft Access floppy set
- MS-DOS Toshiba OEM floppy set
- Symantec ACT! floppy set

I would ask for complete scans of the disc and covers, and if possible it would be great to have the floppies sent to a member with a KF unit. I would gladly pay for shipping here and return the floppies to you but I am not sure where in the world you're located, so one of our other KF owning members could be an alternative.

But I listed the titles we don't have proper dumps of or those we lack completely. I hope you can dump and scan these for us!

Thanks for offering!
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

meagain
Donator

Post by meagain »

Awesome! I'm in the UK so if anyone there has a KryoFlux then I'll be happy to send them over, however I would ideally like them returned (likely to auction them off after, if I do then I'll donate some of the profits to BA). So yeah, if there's someone in the UK with a KF then I'm happy to send the disks. Delivery looks to be around £5 via Yodel so not that bad.

If so, how would I go about testing some of the non-PC floppies? Or should I just send the lot?

I'll also try to get round to dumping the more modern betas however I think Koptor (who sent them to me) has dumped most if not all of them already.

Also, the seller has another auction ending soon with a smaller pile of floppies as well as some 486 / Pentium laptops so I'm going to try bidding on that also and contact them asking if they have anything else.

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

I suggest you send the lot. I do however recommend you write protect all first... just to have it done. If no one in the UK (with a KF) is willing to do this I'll be happy to pay for shipping back and forth (to Sweden) even if it's more expensive. Since you didn't photo all the floppies and discs, are they complete sets?

meagain
Donator

Post by meagain »

OK, I'll check if everything's complete now.

I've also messaged the seller asking if they have any more.

meagain
Donator

Post by meagain »

So I have from the list you gave:

- The Windows XP Experience disc - complete
- Visio 2003 Standard trial - can only find 2002? but that's complete
- MSDN - Visual Studio 97 - complete, coa written on front
- MSDE for Visual Studio - for VS6, complete in non-orginal case
~ MSDE for VS Dev. training complete in non-original case
- MSDN Disc (January 98) ~ can only find 95 and 96, complete
- Publisher 97 CD Deluxe - complete
- MSDN Disc (July 95) - as above, complete
- Visual Studio 6 - complete (SP3)
- The Encarta disc (only back cover in your photos) - has a COA covering the front and is still sealed
- King's Quest (??) - two disks, looks complete
- IBM AIX floppy set - 8 disks (??), seems complete but no label for each disk
- Atari floppy set - UK language and Neochrome sampler
- Borland C++ floppy set - 15 disks (???)
- Novell Netware 3.12 floppy set - 32 disks inc. Mac drivers & online docs
- Microsoft Windows ??? (red label floppy set) - V3.0, only disk 3 and 7 (out of 7)
- Novell Netware 2.15 (5.25'') - one single 5.25"
- Microsoft Access floppy set - 6 disks, one ODBC setup disk
- MS-DOS Toshiba OEM floppy set - Operating and Install disks, still sealed in plastic
- Symantec ACT! floppy set - program disk 1 and 2

I might as well send the lot if someone is willing to scan / dump, especially if they are in the UK.

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

Well, seems most are complete, all the complete sets would be interesting then. If you don't find anyone in the UK with a KF willing to dump it let me know.

meagain
Donator

Post by meagain »

OK, great. Users with a KF get in touch!

Thaao

Post by Thaao »

I'd offer, but I'm not in the UK :( I have the KF with both 3.5" & 5.25" drives (the second is even modified to dump flippy disks as well.)

If you don't get any other offers and decide to expand your shipping range, feel free to let me know.

meagain
Donator

Post by meagain »

I'd prefer to get them dumped in the UK if at all possible unless you are willing to pay shipping

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

As I said before meagain, if you don't get anyone locally I'll pay shipping from you and back to you.

meagain
Donator

Post by meagain »

mrpijey wrote:As I said before meagain, if you don't get anyone locally I'll pay shipping from you and back to you.
Thanks, I saw that, appreciate it! I'll give it a week or so and if not I guess I'll be in contact. I'll go get a quote from Parcel2Go (UPS / FedEx) now to Sweden and edit it in.

EDIT: Got a quote for a 40x40x30cm box weighing 5kg (might be more, I'll check):

ParcelForce Euro (3 day): £19.07 inc. £50 protection
DPD (3 day): £19.10 inc. £50 protection
UPS (3 day): £25 inc. £50 protection
DPD Collection (3 day) - preferred for me as DPD drop-off is a long way from me: £26 inc. £50 protection
DPD Next Day Collection (1 day): £63 inc. £50 protection

4+ day services are both more expensive and with less protection.

I'm thinking if we don't get a reply within a week then I'm happy to send to you and pay the extra £5 required to get it collected from me. I'm not sure how much it will cost to get it from Sweden back to me in the UK, I guess you'll need to find that out.

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

Yeah, that sounds great. PM me if you don't get any other help and we'll sort things out.

meagain
Donator

Post by meagain »

mrpijey wrote:Yeah, that sounds great. PM me if you don't get any other help and we'll sort things out.
Will do! Thanks a lot, really appreciated.

meagain
Donator

Post by meagain »

mrpijey wrote:Yeah, that sounds great. PM me if you don't get any other help and we'll sort things out.
So I finally got a reply from the seller who is happy to send about the same amount again of various abandonware floppies and CDs for the cost of postage which is awesome. Are you going to want the beta CDs (given to me by Koptor) if they are already dumped?

When that arrives I should be able to send the lot to you. I'm going to be away most of next week so unless I can book a collection next Sunday then it'll have to be sent by ParcelForce (which is gonna cost a bit more but means I can drop it off at a local post office) as I can't get it collected due to school.

When I get them back I'll auction them off and donate 50% to BA.

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

What do you mean "if they are already dumped"? If someone else already dumps and scans the discs then there's no need to send them, but I thought we discussed floppies earlier, since I own a KF and are ready to help out with the dumping of those.

meagain
Donator

Post by meagain »

Yeah I'll send all of them obviously, but I mean the CDs Koptor sent me and I offered in another thread. I'll send the floppies whatever, but since you asked me to dump some of the stuff koptor sent me either I can do that or I'll send it to you... I don't mind, but I think that's already dumped.

I'll get back to you with a list of everything including the new floppies the ebay seller is sending later

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

Alright, well, whatever you send to me will be properly processed and uploaded to the FTP. Just PM me the details later and we'll sort it out.

meagain
Donator

Post by meagain »

OK thanks a lot. I'll get back to you in a week or so actually if that's OK, I'll PM you closer to the time. Thanks