Mount floppies in MAMEUI emulated Macintosh

Discuss System 1 to System 7, OS 8, OS 9.
Zacchi4k

Mount floppies in MAMEUI emulated Macintosh

Post by Zacchi4k »

How do I mount floppy images in a MAMEUI emulated Macintosh?
Tab doesn't show any menu since it's mapped to the Macintosh keyboard

sparcdr

Re: Mount floppies in MAMEUI emulated Macintosh

Post by sparcdr »

Does MAMEUI support remapping keybinds? This was a common issue for titles such as Journeyman Project running under SheepShaver in more modern cases. If there is no option, the question would probably be does it have any command-line options or custom configuration file ability to change those details? Otherwise on such old systems without networking an emulated hard drive on the host containing the application would be an option. Many non-commercial emulators lack drag and drop, and on-the-fly mounting, so this is a pretty common limitation. Since I mainly deal with SheepShaver and Basillisk running OS 8.1, 8.6, 9.04 and have only tried MiniVMac with OS 6.0.4 I can't comment on the specifics of MAMEUI except to recommend if it allows a second hard disk to store/mount image files in that fashion, it may be worth a try if the emulator lacks that "native" ability.

Darkstar
Donator

Post by Darkstar »

press the UI mode toggle switch (default: Scroll Lock) to access the MAME menu and mount floppy images
I upload stuff to archive.org from time to time. See here for everything that doesn't fit BA

Zacchi4k

Post by Zacchi4k »

sparcdr wrote:I can't comment on the specifics of MAMEUI except to recommend if it allows a second hard disk to store/mount image files in that fashion, it may be worth a try if the emulator lacks that "native" ability.
I don't think MAME is limited to this point of view, since for some machines it allows to mount things I didn't even know could be mounted.
Darkstar wrote:press the UI mode toggle switch (default: Scroll Lock) to access the MAME menu and mount floppy images
Can't try that right now, I'm going to try that when I get home.
Maybe Scroll Lock is not useless after all *hehe*

Zacchi4k

Post by Zacchi4k »

Darkstar wrote:press the UI mode toggle switch (default: Scroll Lock) to access the MAME menu and mount floppy images
Well, that worked.
Buuuuuuuut, there's another problem: when mounting a system 7 boot disk, the emulated Macintosh just restarts after the happy Mac.
Does this only happen to me or is it a known problem?
Never mind, installation disks work.