Windows 10 build 14393 released

New news and release discussion.
Fuzzy_Blanket

Windows 10 build 14393 released

Post by Fuzzy_Blanket »

Hello my Windows Insiders!

I hope everyone had an awesome weekend. Many of you know that helping people learn tech is a deep passion of mine so I spent some time working on some UWP app ideas that the we can do with you all, both in-person and online. We are always looking to learn new things (such as IoT development) and what better way that alongside all of you. I’ll share some videos of the progress we make.

In build news, today we are releasing Build 14393 for both PC and Mobile to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. This build includes a handful of new fixes to take note of:

Improvements and fixes for PC
•We have improved the reliability of Start, Cortana, and Action Center.
•You should now be able to mount iPods as USB mass-storage devices.

Improvements and fixes for Mobile
•We fixed an issue resulting in rapid battery drain when Visual Voicemail syncs voicemail messages on Dual SIM devices like the Lumia 950 XL.
•We also fixed an issue causing some battery drain on older devices like the Lumia 535, 640, 735, 830, 930 and Icon.
•We fixed the issue causing Voice Recorder to not show up consistently as an option for Call Recording. A app update was released last Friday that fixes this issue. Make sure you have the app version 10.1607.1931.0.
•We fixed several issues impacting Dual SIM capabilities. Using a device with two SIMs should work as it should.

Known issues for PC
•We are aware of certain cases in which Surface Books and Surface Pro 4’s may bugcheck (bluescreen) due to a camera driver issue. An updated driver will roll-out via Windows Update soon that will fix this.

Known issues for Mobile
•We are continuing to investigate W-Fi issues on certain devices.
•Turning off Bluetooth can sometimes result in freeze, crash, or reset. See this forum post for more details.
•Wallet users are prompted for a PIN twice when using tap to pay from a locked phone. You can enter their PIN twice and tap as usual once the phone is unlocked. A fix for this will come as a Wallet app update via the Store.
•REMINDER: We have changed the backup format for Windows 10 Mobile devices to reduce the size of the backup stored in OneDrive. As a result, if you do a backup on a device running the latest Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview builds and move back to the released version of Windows 10 Mobile (Build 10586) and restore from your backup – your Start screen layout won’t restore and remain the default Start layout. Your previous backup also gets overwritten. If you need to go back to Build 10586 temporarily, once you are on Build 10586 you should disable backup so it doesn’t overwrite the good backup from Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview builds. We will stop noting this going forward.

All right, that’s all for now. Have an excellent week, team.

Keep hustling,

Dona <3
https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperi ... kXVvmsl.99
Getting closer to the RTM. some sources say it is the RTM
All hail the almighty PRIUS!!!

ShadixAced

Re: Windows 10 build 14393 released

Post by ShadixAced »

This is probably an RTM Escrow release, since they added some things to the Post-Logon screen (Getting Ready), which is similar to a Windows 8.1 or RTM Windows 10.
When I say that, they added : "Verifying Apps Comptability" Please do not shut down the PC, which was not visible in the 14390.
S.A.

Releases done so far : 21
Member of Microsoft France's House of Fans (^^)

Goldfish64
Donator

Post by Goldfish64 »

Released to slow ring too.

This is most likely the big finale build.
Goldfish64

ShadixAced

Post by ShadixAced »

Yes, I agree with you Goldfish, this is a sign that A.U is coming (since it has been signed to August 2). And, since 14385, they don't have timebombs nor watermark, which proves that since 14385, they are RTM escrows or RC's.
S.A.

Windows OS

Post by Windows OS »

New cumulative update for this build has been released that brings the build number up to 14393.3.

Fixes:
• We have fixed an issue where keyboard input on some Windows tablet devices would not rotate to landscape normally.
• We have fixed an issue that resulted in Windows Updates being delayed on systems with Connected Standby.
• We have fixed a problem with text input with Korean Input Method Editor (IME) in some Store apps
• We fixed an issue causing Store apps to stop launching due to a licensing issue
• We have fixed an issue with apps that synchronize using DDE for inter-process communication.
Looks like this IS the RTM build, as it seems like the remaining big bugs has been squashed.
Do Not Make Illegal Copies Of This Signature.
YouTube | Twitter | BA Wiki | BetaWiki

ShadixAced

Post by ShadixAced »

I agree, Windows OS, i do think we are testing the RTM before the public release, since this build is renamed as Build 1607 (16th of July)
The final (public) build will be renamed as Build 0208 (Normally, since the Anniversary Update is planned for August 2)
S.A.

hounsell

Post by hounsell »

ShadixAced wrote:I agree, Windows OS, i do think we are testing the RTM before the public release, since this build is renamed as Build 1607 (16th of July)
1607 is going to be the final version, and it stands for 2016 July, not 16th July.
Last edited by hounsell on Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShadixAced

Post by ShadixAced »

Oh okay. Thanks for clarifying, hounsell.
S.A.

Fuzzy_Blanket

Post by Fuzzy_Blanket »

ShadixAced

Post by ShadixAced »

New cumulative update called KB3176927 just came off WU.

This cumulative update upgrades 14393.3 to 14393.5

Fixes :
We have improved reliability and performance of Microsoft Edge with AdBlock and LastPass extensions enabled. These extensions should continue to work after installing other extension updates from the Store.
We fixed an issue causing battery to drain due to runaway CPU processes while a device is idle. We also fixed a battery life issue due to the proximity sensor always running on some devices.
We fixed an issue causing Store apps to stop launching due to a licensing issue.
We have fixed an issue that results in Windows Updates being delayed on systems with Connected Standby.
We fixed an issue where the Korean IME would not have the correct composition on some custom TSF3 edit controls on PC.
We fixed an issue where you might not be able to type in text into Search or some Store apps without having to restart the process.
We have fixed an issue where keyboard input on some Windows tablet devices would not rotate to landscape normally.
S.A.

Windows OS

Post by Windows OS »

Bump. 14393.5 has reached the Slow and Release Preview rings. So, if you were one of those with an unsupported device that updated to build 10586 through the Release Preview ring, welp, sorry to say this, but that workaround no longer works. If you downgrade to 8.1 for one reason or another, you're stuck in 8.1 for good (unless you use the spoofing method) UPDATE: According to Raiker and Goldfish64, that method also no longer works. So, if you have a unsupported phone and still want to update to Windows 10 Mobile, you're screwed until another workaround gets developed.
Last edited by Windows OS on Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:01 am, edited 3 times in total.

Raiker

Post by Raiker »

Windows OS wrote:Bump. 14393.5 has reached the Slow and Release Preview rings. So, if you were one of those with an unsupported device that updated to build 10586 through the Release Preview ring, that workaround no longer works. If you downgrade to 8.1 for one reason or another, you're stuck in 8.1 for good (unless you use the spoofing method).
Looking forward to any trick to install 14393 on my Lumia 520. None of the known spoofing methods work so far :(
Quod licet Jovi, non licet bovi

Goldfish64
Donator

Post by Goldfish64 »

The only way I could think of is to edit the registry and spoof while on 8.1, or use a 10 ROM of sorts directly.
Goldfish64

Raiker

Post by Raiker »

Goldfish64 wrote:The only way I could think of is to edit the registry and spoof while on 8.1, or use a 10 ROM of sorts directly.
At the moment changing PhoneManufacturer, PhoneManufacturerModelName, PhoneModelName and PhoneHardwareVariant registry keys to spoof 950 XL gives no changes to me (my Lumia 520 is already on W10M, it stuck with 10586 and doesn't find any Redstone builds neither in fast nor in slow ring). Unless some new involved registry keys are found, this method doesn't work (I believe it could still work on 1 GB RAM devices though). And since other's model ROM includes other's model firmware, I'm not sure it is possible at all.
Quod licet Jovi, non licet bovi

Windows OS

Post by Windows OS »

Raiker wrote:
Goldfish64 wrote:The only way I could think of is to edit the registry and spoof while on 8.1, or use a 10 ROM of sorts directly.
At the moment changing PhoneManufacturer, PhoneManufacturerModelName, PhoneModelName and PhoneHardwareVariant registry keys to spoof 950 XL gives no changes to me (my Lumia 520 is already on W10M, it stuck with 10586 and doesn't find any Redstone builds neither in fast nor in slow ring). Unless some new involved registry keys are found, this method doesn't work (I believe it could still work on 1 GB RAM devices though). And since other's model ROM includes other's model firmware, I'm not sure it is possible at all.
Ahh I see. Post updated.

AlphaBeta
Donator

Post by AlphaBeta »

Raiker wrote:
I believe Windows Update checks the RAM size - if it's 512 MB, it won't offer new builds.
AlphaBeta, stop brainwashing me immediately!

Windows OS

Post by Windows OS »

AlphaBeta wrote: I believe Windows Update checks the RAM size - if it's 512 MB, it won't offer new builds.
That makes sense. Once my move is complete and I get access back to my Lumia 820, I'll try spoofing on that phone.

Goldfish64
Donator

Post by Goldfish64 »

Looks like this build is available to Xbox Ones as of today. Mine is downloading some update.
Goldfish64

Fuzzy_Blanket

Post by Fuzzy_Blanket »

Goldfish64 wrote:Looks like this build is available to Xbox Ones as of today. Mine is downloading some update.
It's because to August update was released to the Xbox One a few days ago.

Goldfish64
Donator

Post by Goldfish64 »

Fuzzy_Blanket wrote:
Goldfish64 wrote:Looks like this build is available to Xbox Ones as of today. Mine is downloading some update.
It's because to August update was released to the Xbox One a few days ago.
Yes this is the August update that includes UWP apps, Cortana, and various other things. The update was about 1GB and carries a build number of 10.0.14393.1018.
Goldfish64

Terra854

Post by Terra854 »

I think most of you would have already noticed it, but if not, looks like Microsoft has reworked the upgrade screen:

betaluva
Donator

Post by betaluva »

on a side note, why are people installing windows 10 education, is it a low cost edition, and why is there a windows 10 pro education version?
Never Fear,Captain Sweatpants is Here!
*http://osbetaworld.b1.jcink.com/*

cantasan99

Post by cantasan99 »

By the way, could someone explain to me what was done since Windows 10 was released to manifacturing?

Turkish translator of Wine/Known as ctasan in ReactOS Forum
ReactOS Community Changelogs - Don't miss improvements!

betaluva
Donator

Post by betaluva »

what do you mean? since build 1024 or the anni update?
Never Fear,Captain Sweatpants is Here!
*http://osbetaworld.b1.jcink.com/*

gus33000
Location: Bordeaux, sometimes in Paris, France, maybe also in R.W

Post by gus33000 »

Raiker wrote:
At the moment changing PhoneManufacturer, PhoneManufacturerModelName, PhoneModelName and PhoneHardwareVariant registry keys to spoof 950 XL gives no changes to me (my Lumia 520 is already on W10M...
The only requirement to get current build updates is to change HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Platform\DeviceTargetingInfo\PhoneModelName to a supported model name. For example "Lumia 930" will work. No other registry value change is actually required. This is actually important to only change this as otherwise it will screw up the store if you don't revert the other keys back to normal. AlphaBeta is right, WU now checks if the system has at least 1 GB of ram, so even if you change that value, you won't get the update. There is also no registry value to change to spoof the ram, it's not done like this.

Also to be fair, you don't really want to run W10M on anything below 1 GB, seriously, the phone will be pretty much unusable.