Was there really a "Windows 1.00" that was retired?

Discuss MS-DOS, Windows 1, 2 and 3.
Zacchi4k

Was there really a "Windows 1.00" that was retired?

Post by Zacchi4k »

On the Internet i read some stories claiming that there originally was a "Windows 1.00" which was retired for a bug (or defect or whatevah).
Is this true or it it just a fabrication?

user99672
Donator

Re: Was there really a "Windows 1.00" that was retired?

Post by user99672 »

Maybe you should do some research yourself in the future, because anyone could've found this answer out within 5 minutes, nor do you seem to really care. Windows 1.00 was the "Premiere Edition", which had a critical memory bug, which very much so was a real thing, and surprise, that version of Windows leaked here....on BetaArchive

Zacchi4k

Post by Zacchi4k »

user99672 wrote:Maybe you should do some research yourself in the future, because anyone could've found this answer out within 5 minutes, nor do you seem to really care. Windows 1.00 was the "Premiere Edition", which had a critical memory bug, which very much so was a real thing, and surprise, that version of Windows leaked here....on BetaArchive
You could also be a little nicer when answering, you know.
I know about Premiere Edition and, since I'm not stupid as you think, I know it has been leaked (maybe I even tried it, I don't remember), but I never heard anyone calling it "1.00" nor I knew about there actually was the bug. Also Premiere was, as the name suggests, a preview version, but calling it 1.00 makes it seem like a final release. That's why I had a doubt and I asked.
BTW no one is born already knowing everything and it's perfectly legit to ask if you don't know something, keep that in mind.

user99672
Donator

Post by user99672 »

I know about Premiere Edition and, since I'm not stupid as you think, I know it has been leaked (maybe I even tried it, I don't remember), but I never heard anyone calling it "1.00" nor I knew about there actually was the bug. Also Premiere was, as the name suggests, a preview version, but calling it 1.00 makes it seem like a final release. That's why I had a doubt and I asked.
*facepalm*

http://www.betaarchive.com/wiki/index.p ... ows%3A1.00
http://betawiki.net/index.php?title=Windows:1:Premiere

You literally did not even Google for it. It was the second link, and the same website.
You could also be a little nicer when answering, you know.
after reading the previous response, maybe you understand why now. Do we have to do your math homework for you too?
BTW no one is born already knowing everything and it's perfectly legit to ask if you don't know something, keep that in mind.
I did not expect you to come out of the womb knowing everything. I expect you to use google and read before you ask a question.

Zacchi4k

Post by Zacchi4k »

user99672 wrote:Do we have to do your math homework for you too?l
You've just demonstrated how immature you are.
Shall I play your game? Sorry, I think I'm way better than you at math!
user99672 wrote:I expect you to use google and read before you ask a question.
What do you think I did? The problem is that Italian Wikipedia tells me the Windows 1.00 retired story (only calling it 1.00, not Premiere), so I got confused.
BTW "thank" you for providing the info. You could have provided it in a 100x nicer way, but you provided it.
Last edited by Zacchi4k on Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

user99672
Donator

Post by user99672 »

Zacchi4k wrote: You've just demonstrated how immature you are.
https://media.giphy.com/media/7vhAnGwSOQvUQ/giphy.gif
What do you think I did? The problem is that Italian Wikipedia tells me the Windows 1.00 retired story (only calling it 1.00, not Premiere), so I got confused.
*facedesk* Wikipedia is not reliable, and you should only really use it as a reference source to point you in the right direction.

Zacchi4k

Post by Zacchi4k »

It wasnt actually just Wikipedia, but other websites too.

buricco

Post by buricco »

Sites parrot each other, or follow each other blindly like lemmings.

For example, some sites claim there never was an "MS-DOS 3.00", yet I have acquired two specimens, that there never was an "MS-DOS 4.00", yet I've seen it in the flesh.

qazmko1029

Post by qazmko1029 »

Windows 1.00 did exist and called itself Premiere Edition on the floppies and some magazines at that time. There's only one "Windows 1.00". For the reference, both Betaarchive wiki and wikipedia are convincing.

And as you know as well, different languages of a same explanation are written by different people and some extra information could be ignored or added. For me, I'd like to choose Chinese page(It's my native language), but I need to read the English version at the same time because those Chinese editors can always ignore something...or worse, most of the information. So better use the English one.

James

Post by James »

user99672 wrote:Do we have to do your math homework for you too?
Zacchi4k wrote:You've just demonstrated how immature you are.
user99672, I'm a little disappointed you're letting your own frustration get the better of you. This is not acceptable language, and you need to do better to moderate what you say. Warned for inappropriate behavior.

Zacchi4k, your behavior here is being unacceptable as well. However, due to the fact you've never been warned before, I am willing to let you off with a verbal warning. This will not happen again, so take care to follow BA rules.

And because this thread is absolutely pointless, locked.