Windows 10 Build 14352 released to Insiders

New news and release discussion.
Goldfish64
Donator

Windows 10 Build 14352 released to Insiders

Post by Goldfish64 »

Windows 10 Build 14352 for PC has been released to Insiders on the Fast ring.

https://twitter.com/GabeAul/status/735961870473957378
https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperi ... uild-14352

Features in this build:
• Cortana improvements
• Windows Ink improvements
• Full-screen game bar support
• Microsoft responses in Feedback Hub
• New File Explorer icon (that white one was hideous)
• Easy upgrade from Pro to Enterprise requiring only a key and a reboot
• Limited Periodic Scanning in Windows Defender

Fixed issues:
• Feedback Hub should now be localized properly. If you install a different language, you will need to relaunch Feedback Hub to have it show in that language.
• We fixed the issue with Intel HD Graphics 3000 or Intel HD Graphics 2000 GPUs causing rendering issues and instability with Microsoft Edge. If you mitigated this issue by using software rendering instead of GPU rendering, you can go back to GPU rendering.
• Starting with this build, pinned tabs in Microsoft Edge should no longer get lost after updating to a new Insider Preview build.
• We fixed an issue causing Surface Books to bugcheck (bluescreen) when using Windows Hello.
• We fixed an issue that caused the Brightness Quick Action to appear missing.
• This build includes fixes for Precision Touchpads. We have Improved reliability of using gestures to switch between virtual desktops. We also improved touchpad responsiveness for pans and two finger taps. We also fixed an issue where swiping on the touchpad might not wake the device once it was in Connected Standby state.
• We fixed an issue resulting in maximized UWP apps slightly overlapping the taskbar if taskbar was positioned on top.
• We fixed an issue in the Action Center where it wouldn’t show the hover state when moving your mouse over notifications if a notification had been expanded.
• We fixed an issue resulting in missing icons in Action Center when using Light mode.
• We fixed an issue resulting in “Restart Required” continuing to show in Action Center after restart has already occurred.
• Increased hit target of X icon for notifications in Action Center, to make them easier to dismiss.
• We fixed a timing issue where the Bluetooth Quick Action might appear (with state ON) for a device with no Bluetooth.
• We fixed an issue where using Esc to exit a full screen video with Microsoft Edge maximized would result in the window becoming unmaximized.
• We fixed an issue where playing mp4s from a network share in the Movies & TV app would sometimes show an “MF_E_UNSUPPORTED_BYTESTREAM_TYPE” error.
• We fixed an issue that resulted in the volume mixer slider for system sounds getting reset to 100% after receiving a notification or altering master volume.
• Update notifications to now deep link straight to Update History, rather than the Windows Update landing page in the Settings app.
• Updated the Settings app so now the CTRL + E keyboard shortcut will set focus to the Settings search box.
• We fixed an issue where theme settings were not roaming correctly to other PCs with the same Microsoft account.
• Fixed an issue resulting in the All apps list in Start being blank for certain languages
• We updated the Action Center icon to now hide unread notification count when the taskbar is using small icons, as there’s not enough space to display it.
• Fixed an issue with Command Prompt where it wasn’t keeping the current line in view after resizing the window.
• We fixed an issue that resulted in the User Account Control dialog sometimes appearing behind other windows instead of in the forefront.
• We fixed an issue resulting in the Lock screen sometimes not showing the Caps lock warning when Caps lock was on.
Known issues:
• Previously installed extensions for Microsoft Edge may not work for around 15 minutes after your first sign-in. A work around for this is to manually re-install each extension from the Store.
• In some cases, the new Cortana features highlighted above may not work. Restarting your PC should fix the issue and get the features working.
• Using the keyboard to navigate in certain Store apps like Netflix or Tweetium does not work. You will need to use your mouse.
Goldfish64

betaluva
Donator

Re: Windows 10 Build 14352 released to Insiders

Post by betaluva »

does anyone have a link to the CORE x64 US esd?
Never Fear,Captain Sweatpants is Here!
*http://osbetaworld.b1.jcink.com/*

AlphaBeta
Donator

Post by AlphaBeta »

• Easy upgrade from Pro to Enterprise requiring only a key and a reboot
You could do that on 14342 as well by installing the project Centennial toolkit. At least that's what happened to me :P

https://msdn.microsoft.com/virtualizati ... windows_10
You can now use Hyper-V containers on client Windows 10.

..however, I got the Windows Server containers (those that are based on process isolation) working on 14342 already:
Client Windows 10 is supposed to support only the Hyper-V containers, which is why I find that interesting.
AlphaBeta, stop brainwashing me immediately!

madalin88

Post by madalin88 »

Does anybody else noticed a huge performance drop with this build, or is my laptop / SSD failing?

Wheatley
Donator

Post by Wheatley »

No, performance was always fine here.
Windows Defender for great justice! Bugs are an international trading company. I need to defeat the anti-debugging and obfuscation methods. It wasn't for Intel's absurd ability to load in ie6. Why even waste time with people in an envelope?

madalin88

Post by madalin88 »

It might be my almost 5 years old laptop with my 3.5 years old SSD to blame!

meagain
Donator

Post by meagain »

madalin88 wrote:It might be my almost 5 years old laptop with my 3.5 years old SSD to blame!
Offtopic Comment
Check your SMART data with CrystalDiskInfo and also look in taskmgr for what is being used the most (disk, CPU, RAM)
Any users with a KryoFlux in the UK: if you could dump some floppies if I send them to you, that'd be awesome. PM me.