[OFFER] SuSE Linux 8.2 Beta 9 (AMD64)

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
Courage

[OFFER] SuSE Linux 8.2 Beta 9 (AMD64)

Post by Courage »

This is an early technical preview (as described by SuSE itself) of SUSE Linux 8.2 for AMD64, labeled '8.2 Beta 9'. It is dated 2003-06-30 and by all accounts, this beta was only distributed through SUSE's FTP. I managed to find a copy of this on an old hard drive my family had. Because of its huge size (It has 9 CD's, as compared to the 5-7 CD's of other versions), it would be a bit unfeasible for me to upload it to a file sharing site. Instead, I will give a link to a mirror which has another copy. I have downloaded it and it is the same as my copy, minus the file dates.

ftp://ftp.bupt.edu.cn/pub/os-images/SuSE/8.2pro/x86-64/

Please note that you can have only one FTP connection open to this server at any time. If you try using 2 or more, you will be autobanned for one hour. (I found that out the hard way.)