PC subito (1994)

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
xelloss
Donator

PC subito (1994)

Post by xelloss »

For real enthusiasts, I have now uploaded this self-training course on basic computer skills, from the 16 bit era. Alas, Italian only!

PC Subito is an Italian course on basic computer skills, published by Jackson Libri in 1994 and sold at newsstands in 25 weekly instalments. Each booklet was accompanied by a floppy disk containing an interactive presentation of the material discussed in that lesson. The floppy disks also contain a few shareware games (the first 4 instalments have a separate disk for the games).

The course covers all the most important topics of computing in the 16 bit era, including DOS, Windows 3.1, several applications, the PC hardware, and some QBasic and Visual Basic.

I'm not completely sure this classifies as the kind of software Beta Archive is interested in. However, it's a sound testimony of what using a PC was like in the early 90s. I'm happy I was able to salvage it and I'm glad to share it with you.

Zacchi4k

Re: PC subito (1994)

Post by Zacchi4k »

xelloss wrote:For real enthusiasts, I have now uploaded this self-training course on basic computer skills, from the 16 bit era. Alas, Italian only!

PC Subito is an Italian course on basic computer skills, published by Jackson Libri in 1994 and sold at newsstands in 25 weekly instalments. Each booklet was accompanied by a floppy disk containing an interactive presentation of the material discussed in that lesson. The floppy disks also contain a few shareware games (the first 4 instalments have a separate disk for the games).

The course covers all the most important topics of computing in the 16 bit era, including DOS, Windows 3.1, several applications, the PC hardware, and some QBasic and Visual Basic.

I'm not completely sure this classifies as the kind of software Beta Archive is interested in. However, it's a sound testimony of what using a PC was like in the early 90s. I'm happy I was able to salvage it and I'm glad to share it with you.
Oh yeah, Italian abandonwares!

Okaris
Donator

Post by Okaris »

Wow. This looks comprehensive. I wonder how much it would have cost then.

xelloss
Donator

Post by xelloss »

Okaris wrote:Wow. This looks comprehensive. I wonder how much it would have cost then.
IIRC 9,900 Italian liras each issue, for a total of about 250,000.
That's about 130 euros, but in today's money might be closer to 200.

In 1994 I was learning how to use a PC and I found this course quite detailed.
I didn't have access to much of the software mentioned (like the expensive Corel Draw suite), but thanks to it becoming abandonware, now things are different. There are plenty of things explained in the course that one may want to try :-)