Longhorn

Discuss Windows Vista/Server 2008 to Windows 10.
nathanze

Longhorn

Post by nathanze »

Hey guys

Just wondering what your opinion is on the following question. Which development version of longhorn would you prefer to of been released by Microsoft as vista, Before the redo or after the redo?

ovctvct

Re: Longhorn

Post by ovctvct »

Seriously, why are you posting many topics like this instead of just searching for existing topics? All your questions have already been asked and answered.

nathanze

Post by nathanze »

ovctvct wrote:Seriously, why are you posting many topics like this instead of just searching for existing topics? All your questions have already been asked and answered.
Im new and I'm really trying to show that I want to be active in your amazing community :)

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

Asking opinionated questions is not the way to do this. You need to ask more technical questions as these are more beneficial to everyone.

nathanze

Post by nathanze »

Andy wrote:Asking opinionated questions is not the way to do this. You need to ask more technical questions as these are more beneficial to everyone.
Thank you Andy, I will definitely keep this in mind when making my future posts to your forum. Just wanted to say thank you for providing this resource and do keep up the good work, will defiantly be donating soon!!

HenryEdward

Post by HenryEdward »

The longhorn start be called"Vista" in Build 5112

DiskingRound

Post by DiskingRound »

I think I would have liked the Plex theme to be released in late October 2003.

Roo_the_Vickty
Permanently Banned

Post by Roo_the_Vickty »

Which one ? There were 3 vwersions

DiskingRound

Post by DiskingRound »

Roo_the_Vickty wrote:Which one ? There were 3 vwersions
The one in that famous concept video, or the one in 4039 with blue wallpaper.

coltonspleen

Post by coltonspleen »

I would have liked the Slate theme from build 4093 to be the final candidate for the release. It had everything in there from pre-reset Longhorn development, as well as being the final build to utilize componentization for the main programs, Command Prompt, Notepad, WordPad, everything. But a lot of the Start menu shortcuts aren't present in Build 4093. The shortcuts can (in theory, anyway) be taken from build 4074.