A little help

Discussions about *nix and Other Operating Systems should go in this forum.
marcoguy
Donator

A little help

Post by marcoguy »

A while back I acquired some interesting CP/M-86 materials. The lot consisted of a couple of versions of Concurrent CP/M-86, along with what appeared to be a real gem, a CP/M-86 prototype for the TI Professional Computer. Now, this stuff has all been dumped and put on the FTP months ago, but I have no way of testing these prototype disks. Seeing how the TIPC wasn't IBM compatible other than the fact that they shared a processor, I assume it uses a non-compatible bootloader among other things that make it impossible to run software for IBM on the TIPC and vice versa. I haven't really had the time to inspect the binary data on these disks, but I might be able to obtain some more information about their contents if I get the chance to.

This brings me to my question. Does anyone here happen to have access to a TIPC that could be used to verify the contents of these disks? To my knowledge, there has never been an effort to emulate the thing, so it seems my only options are to find someone willing to do some testing or set about acquiring a system myself. I'd much prefer the former, so if anyone can offer assistance it would be much appreciated. Thanks :)
Preservation
How could you know where you want to go today if you don't even know where you've been?