World of Warcraft Burning Crusade Beta Maps

Discuss any beta and abandonware games.
IllidanS4

World of Warcraft Burning Crusade Beta Maps

Post by IllidanS4 »

So I have just used Google image search with my extracted maps and found some drawn maps seemingly from a development version of the Burning Crusade:

And lots of others. The cosmic map also apparently has a lot of variations. Does anyone know from which version these maps originate? I've checked both 2.0.0.5610 and 5991, which are listed in this archive, and the former contains only portions of the minimap, while the latter contains normal finished maps as seen in the following live versions. Someone named Johnzzon uploaded a host of them on Photobucket, but I haven't found a way to contact him yet.

jimmsta
Donator

Re: World of Warcraft Burning Crusade Beta Maps

Post by jimmsta »

I have no idea when these are from or where. The fact that the zone names are blurred out in most of the images lends me to believe that they were leaked either from a press source or someone inside of Blizzard. Very strange.
16 years of BA experience; I refurbish old electronics, and archive diskettes with a KryoFlux. My posting history is 16 years of educated speculation and autism.

ThePlaform

Post by ThePlaform »

The cosmic map is in the 5610 client Patch-2.MPQ, along with the azuremyst isle one.
I have no idea where the shadowmoon map is from, but i do know it is not from the 5610 client. I would guess some sort of 5991 Patch file.

IllidanS4

Post by IllidanS4 »

There's no Patch-2.mpq in the Data folder for 5610. Is it specific only for the enGB version? I've managed to install enUS, and there it isn't.

ThePlaform

Post by ThePlaform »

IllidanS4 wrote:There's no Patch-2.mpq in the Data folder for 5610. Is it specific only for the enGB version? I've managed to install enUS, and there it isn't.
Huh, must be one of my own patches then. Is there any patch-* for 5910?

IllidanS4

Post by IllidanS4 »

There is only patch.MPQ in 5610 (enUS), containing those terrain portions I've mentioned.

ThePlaform

Post by ThePlaform »

IllidanS4 wrote:There is only patch.MPQ in 5610 (enUS), containing those terrain portions I've mentioned.
Hmm okay, where did i get those maps from....
EDIT: Okay i think i know where. If you go here: http://ru-mangos.ru/files/WoW/02-WoW-TBC-alpha/enGB/ you can see a 5665 and 5666, try getting an enGB version and install those updates to it, should include the map files.

IllidanS4

Post by IllidanS4 »

Thanks, I'll look into them. Any idea where I can find vanilla enGB WoW? Certainly can't patch from vanilla enUS to BC enGB.

ThePlaform

Post by ThePlaform »

IllidanS4 wrote:Thanks, I'll look into them. Any idea where I can find vanilla enGB WoW? Certainly can't patch from vanilla enUS to BC enGB.
Hmmm no idea, there's alot of vanilla servers around these days, maybe one of them uses the enGB client?

IllidanS4

Post by IllidanS4 »

Thank you again for your help. I've found enGB version, and found those beta maps in the patches you have given to me. At the moment, I am checking patches 5849, 5894, 5921 and 5965, which I have found, for more maps.

Edit: I have actually found all those maps in these versions, you can view them all now in this gallery.

ThePlaform

Post by ThePlaform »

IllidanS4 wrote:Thank you again for your help. I've found enGB version, and found those beta maps in the patches you have given to me. At the moment, I am checking patches 5849, 5894, 5921 and 5965, which I have found, for more maps.

Edit: I have actually found all those maps in these versions, you can view them all now in this gallery.
Good to hear! now i atleast know where i got those maps from lol. Anyway, nice gallery! it's cool seeing how the maps changes through development.