[Help] Good for preservation?

Discuss any beta and abandonware applications.
GoCheckINC
Donator

[Help] Good for preservation?

Post by GoCheckINC »

Hello everyone, longtime no see.

Reason for me not being here often is because I have nothing to contribute. I often read threads from the guest mode because I have nothing to add to threads that already has answers. On about what I want to know and if it's good to preserve it.

I'm involved in a program that enables ARM boards to run X86 programs without the slow QEMU hack workaround to get them running.
I will not mention the name here (Google you feedfetcher!) but you can easily figure it out by checking out the links I will be giving out.
Before going into more details, the program is still being sold and is a work in progress. The software also requires an activation key sent by the support and I sincerely find the activation key to be "Weird and unusual" as to how it looks (When I open it in notepad and no it's not a different type of file it's just a .txt) and this key is actually being pinged to the server of the company to allow you to use it. It looks like what Mega.co.nz uses as key.

Now on to the details. The software is not being sold as physical copy but a link that you have to ask for each time the program is updated.
You then use the new files (If a new installation you just go ahead and do the install procedure) and because this is not physical, I've been skeptical as to if it would be allowed as preservation because of the many conditions. That is the reason of this thread.

Here is 1.0 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0EHh0 ... tjc0U/view
And
Here is 1.1 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0EHh0 ... Yyb2M/view
These are official links by the staff.

I'm in the process of getting the new release 1.2 that has been announced this november and if this program is allowed, I will also post V1.2.
If not, this thread will be taken down for numerous reasons. I'm also a bit skeptical just making this thread xD

dans34
Donator

Re: [Help] Good for preservation?

Post by dans34 »

interesting program , thanks for bringing it to my attention

no idea if its worth preservating though

GoCheckINC
Donator

Post by GoCheckINC »

I now own version 1.2. Waiting on further instructions if I should continue posting these or not. BE AWARE! If the program is accepted to be preserved. The links will be shortened to hide the real link from google bot and google feedfetcher, so they don't appear in a google search. If you know what I mean.

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

Well, the primary question here is: Is it a proper retail product, or just a homemade application? If it's retail I want to see some product pages of it.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

q3hardcore

Post by q3hardcore »

---

GoCheckINC
Donator

Post by GoCheckINC »

What q3hardcore says. That's where it comes from. It's a company from russia in which you can go visit them at their HQ. That's what it says in "Contact Us"

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

How is the software distributed? Through internet only? And is the packages you put on Google Drive identical to the originals (including filenames etc)?
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

GoCheckINC
Donator

Post by GoCheckINC »

Those links are the links given by the staff. (As said on the first post) they give out google drive links. If you want I can PM you what they send me. It contains instructions and the key of course. (NO KEY IS GIVEN OUT on this forum or anywhere but if you buy it. If you're here for a key, you wont get one.)