Preservation request: Fallout 4 (cover+docs)

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
mrpijey
Administrator

Preservation request: Fallout 4 (cover+docs)

Post by mrpijey »

Does anyone own the physical copy of Fallout 4 (EU version preferred)? I managed to damage my cover when water leaked into the bag, and I am requesting a good scan of the DVD cover and included quickstart guide. Would be great to get it so I can fully preserve this title...

Since the disc doesn't contain the full game I am also going to include a full Steam dump of the game in my archives. I am considering preserving Steam dumps as well, but I need to work out a good system to make sure the releases are proper and complete. As physical copies are starting to become rare Steam copies may be the only way to preserve old titles and versions as well, since you can't downgrade versions on Steam.

Also remember people, we do accept fully dumped and scanned games such as Fallout 4 and others to be preserved in our archives...
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube

win98
Donator

Re: Preservation request: Fallout 4 (cover+docs)

Post by win98 »

I have the AU / NZ version as a physical disk - so it comes with a giant 18 in the bottom left corner as per classification rules here which is kinda a blemish on the artwork in the opinion of some. If no one can step up with an EU version I am happy to scan this as a Plan B for you.
PC Gamer and hardware plus software enthusiast (especially betas).

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

Thank you, since your copy differed in artwork I've archived your copy as a separate one. Much appreciated!

I am however still looking for the EU version to make mine complete.

Hackerpcs
Donator

Post by Hackerpcs »

Oh well that's really bad luck! IMO best way for singleplayer games is to pirate them and keep the original retail media intact, no need to open it (e.g. I have v1 FNV and GOTY F3 intact).

A question, do software that can not be on the FTP because they are new count as a way to get FTP access?

Keep us updated about Steam copies' archiving, interested in how you handle updates, gcf/ncf, etc

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

Hackerpcs wrote:A question, do software that can not be on the FTP because they are new count as a way to get FTP access?

Keep us updated about Steam copies' archiving, interested in how you handle updates, gcf/ncf, etc
Of course, as long as it's properly scanned and archived all software is accepted, regardless of age.

And I've been considering Steam copies as well, but then I would need some kind of proof that it's real and not just a warez dump off the scene. Updates etc is also difficult considering you can't roll back a version, so it would always be the latest version of a game from Steam, Origin, UPlay etc...

iBetaTosh

Post by iBetaTosh »

mrpijey wrote:I am considering preserving Steam dumps as well, but I need to work out a good system to make sure the releases are proper and complete.
Good luck trying to preserve Metal Gear Solid V! HAR HAR HAR!
But seriously, MGSV PC uses a DRM (Denuvo) that encrypts executables based on your CPUID. Denuvo also inserts constant checks and anti-debugging routines randomly into code on compile, making the game harder to actually decrypt.

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

For your information, Denuvo has already been cracked. Regardless, our goal isn't to crack the games, but to preserve them, with copy protections intact.

Denuvo is being used on several titles, such as Dragon Age: Inquisition, Battlefield: Hardline, Batman: Arkham Knight, Mad Max, Lords Of The Fallen and Metal Gear Solid V, all being out, cracked and fully playable. So it's by no means an effect protection, just as all others that came before it.

MrFreeman

Post by MrFreeman »

mrpijey wrote:For your information, Denuvo has already been cracked. Regardless, our goal isn't to crack the games, but to preserve them, with copy protections intact.

Denuvo is being used on several titles, such as Dragon Age: Inquisition, Battlefield: Hardline, Batman: Arkham Knight, Mad Max, Lords Of The Fallen and Metal Gear Solid V, all being out, cracked and fully playable. So it's by no means an effect protection, just as all others that came before it.
If you want games to be playable in the future, you need to be able to crack the evil DRM.
Half-Life is a pretty good game.

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

Yes, which in the end is not a problem, not even with Denuvo. But again, our goal isn't to make games playable in the future, it's to preserve them for the future. How they are used then is not our problem as long as we can make the software available.

Please, this topic has gone far offtopic already. My request still stands.