Windows 10 released

New news and release discussion.
Goldfish64
Donator

Windows 10 released

Post by Goldfish64 »

The moment we have all been waiting for:

EDIT: ISOs available here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
Last edited by Goldfish64 on Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Goldfish64

DiskingRound

Re: Windows 10 released

Post by DiskingRound »

Thanks for posting this news, but I haven't got that upgrade message in WU yet, even though I did reserve my free upgrade to Windows 10. What's wrong? Also my $Windows.~BT folder is only about 140 MB in size, so did the download fail or...?
Edit: You can force Windows 10 to download by running this in an elevated CMD prompt:

Code: Select all

wuauclt.exe /updatenow
although it's only 548 KB currently and for some reason it reminds me of Neptune :P
Last edited by DiskingRound on Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

Goldfish64
Donator

Post by Goldfish64 »

DiskingRound wrote:Thanks for posting this news, but I haven't got that upgrade message in WU yet, even though I did reserve my free upgrade to Windows 10. What's wrong? Also my $Windows.~BT folder is only about 140 MB in size, so did the download fail or...?
It has been said that upgrades will be done in waves. This is my only system that is "officially" supported for upgrade as domain-joined systems aren't supported to upgrade through Windows Update.

EDIT: All done. 1 down, 7 to go. :)
The upgrade not only changed the product ID from an OEM type, but I also lost my blue Dell jean-like wallpaper. :(
Goldfish64

valvedubstep
Donator

Post by valvedubstep »

i am going to upgrade my VM.
5000!

WindowsBetaz01
Donator

Post by WindowsBetaz01 »

Neither Windows 7, or 8.1 has downloaded anything yet. It's already nearly 1am (my time). Growing impatient...

UPDATE 1:45AM - $Windows.~BT folder just appeared on 8.1.
Last edited by WindowsBetaz01 on Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

MS also released some very interesting stuff on MSDN....

Windows 10 Enterprise 2015 LTSB

Windows 10 Education

Windows 10 Features On Demand

And they also released the IoT binaries to MSDN:

Windows 10 IoT Core for MinnowBoard MAX and Raspberry Pi 2

As usual these are going onto my MSDN archive, but this will be a very very long download as there's tons and tons of ISOs... will be fun to see the dedup rate on the drive after this session :).
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

mattarnster

Post by mattarnster »

So, does anyone know what the actual final build string is for the release today?

PingTest

Post by PingTest »

I went to sleep at 2:15am because I got tired waiting. Woke up and only one of my PCs got the upgrade process running. (Other 2 PCs are activated, just not showing the upgrade, they do have the reservation)

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

mattarnster wrote:So, does anyone know what the actual final build string is for the release today?

Teogramm

Post by Teogramm »

$Windows.~BT Folder appeared and seems complete but still no notification.

mattarnster

Post by mattarnster »

Teogramm wrote:$Windows.~BT Folder appeared but still no notification.
Have you tried running the command DiskingRound provided in his post?
DiskingRound wrote:{snip}

Code: Select all

wuauclt.exe /updatenow
{snip}
Edit: Derp, that's just for the download, guess you'll just have to wait.

MicroBetaMan

Post by MicroBetaMan »

6:54 AM and no download :( Get a move on, laptop! I'll try restarting, I guess :/

EDIT: My bad, I'll try DR's command as soon as I finish installing some darn updates.
Last edited by MicroBetaMan on Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything. - George Bernard Shaw

valvedubstep
Donator

Post by valvedubstep »

4:58 where im at.... no download. reboot time i guess.
5000!

Leon
Donator

Post by Leon »

Does anyone know if the Win10 RTM SDK has been released offically yet?

Only things I can find on microsoft.com are some 10158 SDKs, found someone on twitter who posted the 26624 SDK (10240 + 16384 = 26624) but the online installer don't work, and the only offline files I can find for it are hosted on some russian server :/

Hope they release it soon, maybe with some DX12 docs as well.

hounsell

Post by hounsell »

Leon wrote:Only things I can find on microsoft.com are some 10158 SDKs, found someone on twitter who posted the 26624 SDK (10240 + 16384 = 26624) but the online installer don't work, and the only offline files I can find for it are hosted on some russian server :/
They removed the SDK after the links leaked out. I'm sure it'll go up again, just don't know when.

The russian server ones are legit, if they're the ones I saw.

MicroBetaMan

Post by MicroBetaMan »

DiskingRound's command did not work for me. 7:32 AM, no update.

EDIT: I'm a dummy... I realized a moment ago I had hidden folders off. Did running DR's command mess anything up, since apparently it's been downloading since yesterday?
Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything. - George Bernard Shaw

Teogramm

Post by Teogramm »

MicroBetaMan wrote:DiskingRound's command did not work for me. 7:32 AM, no update.

EDIT: I'm a dummy... I realized a moment ago I had hidden folders off. Did running DR's command mess anything up, since apparently it's been downloading since yesterday?
My folder creation day is 28/7/2015 too which I find weird. Maybe DR's command messed things up?

MicroBetaMan

Post by MicroBetaMan »

Teogramm wrote:
MicroBetaMan wrote:DiskingRound's command did not work for me. 7:32 AM, no update.

My folder creation day is 28/7/2015 too which I find weird. Maybe DR's command messed things up?
omg, it's not created yesterday, it's created in May. 5/25/15 (MMDDYYYY) or 25/5/15 (DDMMYYYY). What the heck?

Not to mention, it seems his command has stopped the update from downloading as it's stopped at 555KB and 224 KB on disk.

Maybe I should just delete the folder, and let it restart the download, just to be safe. I've restarted quite a few times and I don't want anything to get corrupted.
Last edited by MicroBetaMan on Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PingTest

Post by PingTest »

So I've installed Windows 10, what's the first thing I do? Say witty things to cortana!

Teogramm

Post by Teogramm »

My folder's size is 5.50GB and 3.98GB on disk.

MicroBetaMan

Post by MicroBetaMan »

I deleted the folder, reran DR's command. Nothing. Think I'm done for now?

mattarnster

Post by mattarnster »

MicroBetaMan wrote:I deleted the folder, reran DR's command. Nothing. Think I'm done for now?
Well, now you've deleted the folder, I'd just save the time and go and get an ISO which you can upgrade from...

MicroBetaMan

Post by MicroBetaMan »

mattarnster wrote:
MicroBetaMan wrote:I deleted the folder, reran DR's command. Nothing. Think I'm done for now?
Well, now you've deleted the folder, I'd just save the time and go and get an ISO which you can upgrade from...
Probably a good idea.

MicroBetaMan

Post by MicroBetaMan »

OK, now I ask, what the heck is $Windows~WS

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

May I remind everyone that this is not a Windows 10 support forum. The beta is over and any questions should be directed towards the pre-release versions of Windows 10 and not the final RTM.