[Official] Hide/block Windows/Driver Updates in Windows 10

Discuss Windows Vista/Server 2008 to Windows 10.
Converseallstar95
Donator

[Official] Hide/block Windows/Driver Updates in Windows 10

Post by Converseallstar95 »

According to Neowin, this tool should work even after GA, rather than just the Insider Preview's as the KB article states. It would presumably work with Windows 10 Home then as well, but I cannot verify as I'm running pro on my machines.

Download:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

Source:
http://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft-re ... 10-updates

x010
Staff

Re: [Official] Hide/block Windows/Driver Updates in Windows

Post by x010 »

I think it will work with Windows 10 Home , but then wont users simply hide each and every update or hide major updates?

ovctvct

Post by ovctvct »

x010 wrote:I think it will work with Windows 10 Home , but then wont users simply hide each and every update or hide major updates?
*stupid sarcasm* Some users don't even know what OS they're using, let alone update it. So it makes sense to hide them.*sarcasm You can use automatic updating... Problem is, many users use illegal windows so they disable auto updating, like I do.

Maza

Post by Maza »

This change was argued against before; some updates may not work, which makes mandatory installation, at least in some respects, a terrible idea.

On a somewhat related note, it is nice to see that the Windows Aero design is still around---even in recently developed applications.
"We do not view the desktop as a mode, legacy or otherwise."
Windows Vista: Microsoft Speech Center | Windows Vista Saved Search chronicle

pneumono

Post by pneumono »

Maza wrote:This change was argued against before; some updates may not work, which makes mandatory installation, at least in some respects, a terrible idea.
Seriously. This past year there were so many instanced of botched updates bricking computers, causing WiFi/other hardware and 3rd party applications to simply stop functioning, including on the Surface. And you guys go and decide that the best thing to do is force everyone to download these broken updates with no recourse whatsoever (for home users anyway)? Good call.