Windows 8 build 7963 LEAK

New news and release discussion.
DiskingRound

Windows 8 build 7963 LEAK

Post by DiskingRound »

Today Windows 8 build 7963 leaked according to FTP log. First screens were posted on OSBA but now we have this build! Cool to see more Win8 builds get leaked, esp. pre-8102, because Win8 had a very strict NDA.
Last edited by DiskingRound on Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

MrUTB

Re: Windows 8 build 7963 LEAK

Post by MrUTB »

Private Leaked at February.

Windows OS

Post by Windows OS »

I really hope that a pre-8102 build that HAS the start screen eventually leaks. I really want to see more of the evolution of the Metro/Modern UI outside of the apps included in later builds. I wonder if anyone can find resources for the Metro/Modern interface (like icons for the Charms bar) on these pre-8102 builds.
Do Not Make Illegal Copies Of This Signature.
YouTube | Twitter | BA Wiki | BetaWiki

ovctvct

Post by ovctvct »

Oh. Finally we are getting more leaks!
Windows OS wrote:I really hope that a pre-8102 build that HAS the start screen eventually leaks. I really want to see more of the evolution of the Metro/Modern UI outside of the apps included in later builds. I wonder if anyone can find resources for the Metro/Modern interface (like icons for the Charms bar) on these pre-8102 builds.
It's rumoured that 7996 first had it (for winmain) and around 7965.fbl.uex.mtl, so, no, we need an early 80xx build or maybe one from fbl.uex. You can find Charms icons in as early as 7850, in twinui.dll, but they're not functional.

Lukas Marsik

Post by Lukas Marsik »

Windows OS wrote:I really hope that a pre-8102 build that HAS the start screen eventually leaks. I really want to see more of the evolution of the Metro/Modern UI outside of the apps included in later builds. I wonder if anyone can find resources for the Metro/Modern interface (like icons for the Charms bar) on these pre-8102 builds.
Welp. Sorry to pop your bubble but not a single partner build with a Start screen got ever made. Thank Sinofsky for that.

hounsell

Post by hounsell »

MrUTB wrote:Private Leaked at February.
It's always delightful when you post with some supposed insight, because 9 times out of 10, you're hilariously wrong.

ovctvct

Post by ovctvct »

Lukas Marsik wrote:
Welp. Sorry to pop your bubble but not a single partner build with a Start screen got ever made. Thank Sinofsky for that.
You mean fbl.eeap builds? They appear not to have the usertitle on the superbar, if so, then there possibly actually is a start screen, but it just disabled and hidden by default. But there's 8059 that's a winmain build, it almost surely has start screen.

hounsell

Post by hounsell »

ovctvct wrote:You mean fbl.eeap builds? They appear not to have the usertitle on the superbar, if so, then there possibly actually is a start screen, but it just disabled and hidden by default. But there's 8059 that's a winmain build, it almost surely has start screen.
Thanks, your uninformed conjecture has definitely lead me to the conclusion that Lukas, who is far more familiar with such builds, is wrong.

Lukas Marsik

Post by Lukas Marsik »

ovctvct wrote:You mean fbl.eeap builds? They appear not to have the usertitle on the superbar, if so, then there possibly actually is a start screen, but it just disabled and hidden by default. But there's 8059 that's a winmain build, it almost surely has start screen.
I've used fbl_eeap and winmain builds. The usertile disappeared around 800X from all labs. No fbl_eeap or winmain compile before 8102 has the start screen. To take it even further, fbl_eeap doesn't even support redpill starting 8039, all the checks are taken out so even if you enabled redpill, it would still look like 7 with a few enhancements. Pre-8102 SHSXS never got out to partners either.

imback

Post by imback »

I got the upgrade process to work :D

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Funny, the upgrade window stays in a window, unlike the later releases.

ovctvct

Post by ovctvct »

What key do you use? When installing from the ISO it asks me for the key :S

imback

Post by imback »

ovctvct wrote:What key do you use? When installing from the ISO it asks me for the key :S
The sources folder in the ISO has a product.ini file. It should be in there.

ovctvct

Post by ovctvct »

imback wrote:
ovctvct wrote:What key do you use? When installing from the ISO it asks me for the key :S
The Ultimate one, right? Or I can install any other SKU?

imback

Post by imback »

ovctvct wrote:
imback wrote:
The Ultimate one, right? Or I can install any other SKU?
Yes, Ultimate is ok, but you can also install Starter, Home (Basic and premium), And Professional.

EDIT: Setup is getting more metro:

Image Image Image Image Image Image

After that, the setup goes back to it's 7 roots.

ovctvct

Post by ovctvct »

This is apparently why we had so little Windows 8 leaks: http://www.betaarchive.com/forum/viewto ... r+arrested

wasabilee
Permanently Banned

Post by wasabilee »

nope
Kibkalo was just one source
you still have WZor
dunno about Zuko

hounsell

Post by hounsell »

wasabilee wrote:you still have WZor
the only thing wzor is a source for is weird cat pics.

Other than that, he's just a tiresome middleman who breaks all of his releases.

Windows OS

Post by Windows OS »

Lukas Marsik wrote:
Again, just hopeful thinking. Sinofsky wanted to avoid another Longhorn so bad, he went on the other extreme (being super secretive, instead of being somewhat reveling early in development). Funny enough, 8, like Vista, tanked for most people.
Resembles, to me anyway, how the Windows 7 Setup operates when running it from a PXE boot server (except for the first picture).
Offtopic Comment
If you want to make your life easier, set up a PXE boot server. With computers that support it, it's a blessing.
Do Not Make Illegal Copies Of This Signature.
YouTube | Twitter | BA Wiki | BetaWiki

gus33000
Location: Bordeaux, sometimes in Paris, France, maybe also in R.W

Post by gus33000 »

imback wrote: Setup is getting more metro
Nothing new really. Those screens are shown even on some Win7 Betas (including rtm) while applying directly the wim into a disk. Also I don't see any new change in this installer, the 7955 one is identical, as shown in this video :

Also included are some new Wallpapers, including one, that reminds me of Longhorn :

johnleakedfan

Post by johnleakedfan »

I wonder if this might be M3 or pre-M3, as the build number falls between them
Last edited by johnleakedfan on Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ovctvct

Post by ovctvct »

gus33000 wrote:
imback wrote: Setup is getting more metro
Nothing new really. Those screens are shown even on some Win7 Betas (including rtm) while applying directly the wim into a disk. Also I don't see any new change in this installer, the 7955 one is identical, as shown in this video :

Also included are some new Wallpapers, including one, that reminds me of Longhorn :

I also saw a "MShelp" option on the start menu, which doesn't work sadly, but it could be proof that MShelp(early Store) is included.

Lukas Marsik

Post by Lukas Marsik »

Yes, early Store is included but even if you managed to launch it, all it shows is "Loading Store..." which doesn't do anything

ovctvct

Post by ovctvct »

Lukas Marsik wrote:Yes, early Store is included but even if you managed to launch it, all it shows is "Loading Store..." which doesn't do anything
How do you try to launch it? The start link is broken...

Teogramm

Post by Teogramm »

The upgrade process is almost the same with the final Windows 8 one. There is also a progress bar showing the stages (similar to when installing from a disk) which I find interesting.

Lukas Marsik

Post by Lukas Marsik »

ovctvct wrote:
Lukas Marsik wrote:Yes, early Store is included but even if you managed to launch it, all it shows is "Loading Store..." which doesn't do anything
How do you try to launch it? The start link is broken...
The link isn't broken, files are missing