How to remove timebomb in Windows Whistler post 24xx builds?

Discuss Windows 2000, NT, XP and Windows Server 2000, 2003, SBS 2003.
coltonspleen

How to remove timebomb in Windows Whistler post 24xx builds?

Post by coltonspleen »

Is it possible to remove the timebomb in Windows Whistler post-24xx builds? I assume it's related to winlogon.exe, so it could probably be copied over from the final RTM version to strip their timebombs, but I don't know if it's possible.

ThePreAlpha
Donator

Re: How to remove timebomb in Windows Whistler post 24xx bui

Post by ThePreAlpha »

Not allowed to give you patches or anything like that:
- Post illegal material on the site, this includes but is not limited to: Warez, erotic content, shock material, illegal torrents, cracks, key generators, copy protection hacks, activation patches and abandonware licenses. This list is not exhaustive.

I'm pretty sure if you google the build number you can find such ways of destroying a timebomb but it may not be intelligent to ask that here... Maybe.
grumpy

coltonspleen

Post by coltonspleen »

I have already broken the build 2416 timebomb... I used a combination of AntiWAT and TweakNT. I'll give you proof:Image
Sams for the build 2419 timebomb... Proof:Image
Same for the build 2428 timebomb... Proof:Image
Same for the build 2474 timebomb... Proof:Image
Just AntiWAT was needed for build 2475's timebomb... Proof:Image
We BSODed on build 2481 but the timebomb is gone anyway! Proof:Image
Same for the LH build 3790 timebomb... Proof:Image
Last edited by coltonspleen on Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:56 pm, edited 5 times in total.

ovctvct

Post by ovctvct »

It's already known that TweakNT works for anything up to 5048. From 5112 MS changed the timebomb implementation so you need a different crack.

coltonspleen

Post by coltonspleen »

ovctvct wrote:It's already known that TweakNT works for anything up to 5048. From 5112 MS changed the timebomb implementation so you need a different crack.
I know, but for some builds (like these) you need AntiWAT alongside it.
Last edited by coltonspleen on Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lukas Marsik

Post by Lukas Marsik »

coltonspleen wrote:
ovctvct wrote:It's already known that TweakNT works for anything up to 5048. From 5112 MS changed the timebomb implementation so you need a different crack.
I know, but for some builds (like these) you need AntiWPA alongside it.
AntiWPA is an obvious must-have considering the activation grace period is present in all builds that have a timebomb.

coltonspleen

Post by coltonspleen »

Lukas Marsik wrote:
coltonspleen wrote:
AntiWPA is an obvious must-have considering the activation grace period is present in all builds that have a timebomb.
Obviously not true, as Whistler 22xx builds didn't even HAVE activation... 2419 was the 1st to have it. And also, I had meant AntiWAT, not AntiWPA as that utility triggered the timebomb on those betas.
Offtopic Comment
& also, 80th post! :OD

ovctvct

Post by ovctvct »

coltonspleen wrote:
Lukas Marsik wrote:
coltonspleen wrote:
Obviously not true, as Whistler 22xx builds didn't even HAVE activation... 2419 was the 1st to have it. And also, I had meant AntiWAT, not AntiWPA as that utility triggered the timebomb on those betas.
Offtopic Comment
& also, 80th post! :OD
But the WPA is broken in 2419 anyways. There also was some form of WPA in 2416 that cannot be opened AFAIK.