[REQUEST] Microsoft FrontPage 2000 Beta 1

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
lopper

[REQUEST] Microsoft FrontPage 2000 Beta 1

Post by lopper »

Apparently this was leaked really recently. I can't get the copy I dl-ed off softhistory to work (multipart zip with a multipart rar in it and it doesn't run anyway). If someone could direct me to a working copy, or tell me how to get the softhistory copy to work, I'd be really grateful.

johnleakedfan

Re: [REQUEST] Microsoft FrontPage 2000 Beta 1

Post by johnleakedfan »

That wasn't a verified copy that was just a archive with the parts, I'm not at my computer right now (windows phone) but try checking on the FTP

cantasan99

Post by cantasan99 »

Turkish translator of Wine/Known as ctasan in ReactOS Forum
ReactOS Community Changelogs - Don't miss improvements!

Overdoze

Post by Overdoze »

It seems you either misunderstood the OP completely or didn't read at all.
lopper wrote:I can't get the copy I dl-ed off softhistory to work
Notice the use of past tense (dl-ed = downloaded) and the important part: can't get ... to work. Therefore, your post with a link to something he already has but can't get working is completely irrelevant and useless.

Anyways, what specific issues are you having? Look like an ISO could be made in no time, I'll try it out on Windows 98 and let you know how it goes.
All roads lead to Neptune™

KRNL386 - my site about retro computing | My site about Windows 1.0 | My blog | 86Box Manager | LeakDB - list of PC OS warez leaks

The Distractor

Post by The Distractor »

Unzip all the zips, then unrar the first rar.

EDIT: Also, read the NFO. It's incomplete as LND (the original group who released it) removed some things, either to save bandwidth, or get under the release filesize limit rules that were in effect at the time.

If you can't be bothered, then, you must choose Custom installation, and deselect "Converters and Filters" inside "Office Tools".

coltonspleen

Post by coltonspleen »

Or insert the ones from the final into your image, either way should work.

Overdoze

Post by Overdoze »

coltonspleen wrote:Or insert the ones from the final into your image, either way should work.
That could cause compatibility issues, so it's better IMO to just unselect the missing components. It's no surprise they've left some things out, that was common especially with Office programs and such that included tons of clipart, filters, etc. that only wasted space and bandwidth.

EDIT: I'm having problem with Windows Installer. The included version doesn't want to install, others don't work...

EDIT 2: I had to manually extract MSI files from the provided installer (instmsi.exe) and put them into appropriate folders. Setup then starts fine, but despite unselecting mentioned components there's still some errors during setup and it terminates before finishing the installation. However, FrontPage still runs fine:

KRNL386 - my site about retro computing | My site about Windows 1.0 | My blog | 86Box Manager | LeakDB - list of PC OS warez leaks

lopper

Post by lopper »

How do you manually extract files? Did you just 7zip them?

Overdoze

Post by Overdoze »

Use Universal Extractor. Then find the existing MSI files and replace them with the extracted ones. That's the only way I got it working since the installer wouldn't do anything but still say it installed successfully.

lopper

Post by lopper »

I got an error saying

"This installation package cannot be installed by the Windows Installer Service. You must install a Windows service pack that contains a newer version of the Windows Installer Service"

EDIT: I got it to work. What directory must it be extracted to in order to run the setup?

Overdoze

Post by Overdoze »

Probably fastest way if you just extract it into WINDIR\System and replace existing files. You are extracting instmsi.exe, right?

lopper

Post by lopper »

Dammit, knew I was extracting the wrong file.