[OFFER] Oxyd and some Expert Software CDs

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
coltonspleen

[OFFER] Oxyd and some Expert Software CDs

Post by coltonspleen »

I found a possible 2 disk DOS set and a possible 4 disk Windows set of Microsoft Quest. I also found a 1 disk version of a game named 'Oxyd', I have no idea what it is, so I'll up it here, probably because it's probably not even on here. This could get me on the BA FTP servers.
Last edited by coltonspleen on Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:17 pm, edited 5 times in total.

johnlemon647

Re: [OFFER] Microsoft Quest (DOS and Windows version) and Ox

Post by johnlemon647 »

What is Microsoft Quest ? is Microsoft Quest is Game?

coltonspleen

Re: [OFFER] Oxyd

Post by coltonspleen »

I have no idea, but I think it was overwritten with Windows 3.0, but the only way to know for sure is to install whatever's on the floppies.
Last edited by coltonspleen on Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

johnlemon647

Post by johnlemon647 »

Did you test the game out

coltonspleen

Re: [OFFER] Oxyd and possible Microsoft Quest (Dos/Windows)

Post by coltonspleen »

Not yet.

coltonspleen

Post by coltonspleen »

I have to redump the floppies because VirtualBox won't capture them. But I'll install from the redumps.

johnlemon647

Post by johnlemon647 »

Try Winimage

coltonspleen

Post by coltonspleen »

Already am. Just doing a folder dump in DiskX folders then injecting works fine.

Battler
Donator

Post by Battler »

- coltonspleen: But that won't be accepted by the FTP. You'll need to provide floppy images of the actual floppies.
Main developer of the 86Box emulator.
Join the 86Box Discord server, a nice community for true enthusiasts and 86Box supports!

The anime channel is on the Ring of Lightning Discord server.

Check out our SoftHistory Forum for quality discussion about older software.

coltonspleen

Post by coltonspleen »

I'll scrap the Microsoft Quest and upload the Oxyd disk, then. But I'll retry soon. EDIT: I'm retrying the Microsoft Quest floppies now, and this time I'm importing the actual image format from the actual floppies. Oxyd is already ripped, just trying it on a Windows 2000 VM. EDIT: Should be ran from DOS. EDIT2: I'm rescrapping the Microsoft Quest floppies.
Last edited by coltonspleen on Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

johnlemon647

Post by johnlemon647 »

Can you upload on mega

coltonspleen

Post by coltonspleen »

Sure. The Oxyd disk is coming up on the public FTP, but I'll UL to MEGA if it doesn't work. EDIT: Here's the MEGA link: https://mega.nz/#!R4FjgAgb!5nM5stqpSi-8 ... FRm5TuXF8I

johnlemon647

Post by johnlemon647 »

Oxyd is test MS-DOS 5.00.224 BETA it works

Battler
Donator

Post by Battler »

- coltonspleen: What format are the Microsoft Quest floppies in?

Edit: And are you sure VirtualBox even supports that format? If the floppies are 720k, and VirtualBox doesn't capture them, that would mean VirtualBox only supports 1.44M images. I really suggest trying to use the images in PCem-X as that supports a much wider range of floppy formats.

Edit #2: This (https://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/11172) seems to confirm VirtualBox only supports 1.44 MB floppy images. So yeah, try PCem-X as it supports a MUCH wider range of floppy image formats.
Join the 86Box Discord server, a nice community for true enthusiasts and 86Box supports!

Overdoze

Post by Overdoze »

That is simply not true. I just tried with version 4.3.28 and it worked with 3.5''-720kB/1.44MB/DMF as well as 5.25''-1.22MB. Haven't tried 360kB yet though. The problem you linked is actually about formatting non 3.5''-1.44MB floppies from Virtual Box, not mounting them. I can confirm that formatting still doesn't work, but mounting and using the images is completely fine.

Aside from that, Virtual PC also does the job with support for most common PC floppy formats (pretty much what I've listed above).
All roads lead to Neptune™

KRNL386 - my site about retro computing | My site about Windows 1.0 | My blog | 86Box Manager | LeakDB - list of PC OS warez leaks

coltonspleen

Post by coltonspleen »

johnlemon647 wrote:Oxyd is test MS-DOS 5.00.224 BETA it works

That's from install.bat, and you have to set it up from a: to c: then run install.exe, THEN run oxyd.exe. That's the way this floppy works. And also, johnlemon647, you were using a MS-DOS 5.00.224 beta VM to install it in, because the Oxyd folder itself didn't report the DOS version. And also, you need a mouse driver for it to work, so I suggest MS DOS 7.10 for this game. And the label for it says Control an alien orb & experience 10 levels of mazes, prisms, magnetism, velocity, & more.

coltonspleen

Post by coltonspleen »

I have the Microsoft Quest DOS floppies dumped, they will be upped to MEGA right away. And they are in 1.44 MB format. Here's the folder link: https://mega.nz/#F!I0FE3ZpI!_iVMicl2r2009V43hjSePA
Last edited by coltonspleen on Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

coltonspleen

Post by coltonspleen »

I also am offering Expert Software's Arcade Games for Windows and Home Design 3D. They will be in Alcohol 120% MDF/MDS format.

Battler
Donator

Re: [OFFER] Oxyd and some Expert Software CDs

Post by Battler »

coltonspleen wrote:I have the Microsoft Quest DOS floppies dumped, they will be upped to MEGA right away. And they are in 720kb format. And you have to use MS DOS 5.00. And I think you have to use the final as well, not sure yet. Here's the folder link: https://mega.nz/#F!I0FE3ZpI!_iVMicl2r2009V43hjSePA
Then why are the images 1.44 MB big? O.o

Edit: And they also contain MS-DOS 5.00 final.

johnlemon647

Post by johnlemon647 »

I also test on MS-DOS 6.22

coltonspleen

Post by coltonspleen »

OK, then I'll dump the Windows floppies and see what you can make out of them, Battler. Here's the link: https://mega.nz/#F!wgVlRDxR!o5LfZWZlx73L3ZvjXvt0kQ

johnlemon647

Post by johnlemon647 »

Oxyd for MS-DOS Screenshot

Battler
Donator

Post by Battler »

- coltonspleen: The Windows floppies are Windows 3.0a. And this matches well with that the references I found on Google that says Microsoft Quest is a Dell system recovery tool set.

However, please properly dump the stuff as 720k images rather than 1.44 MB.

Edit: And I mean actual dumps, not just copying off the files then injecting them into an image. That kind of "dump" will never be accepted on the FTP.

coltonspleen

Post by coltonspleen »

Battler wrote:- coltonspleen: The Windows floppies are Windows 3.0a. And this matches well with that the references I found on Google that says Microsoft Quest is a Dell system recovery tool set.

However, please properly dump the stuff as 720k images rather than 1.44 MB.

Edit: And I mean actual dumps, not just copying off the files then injecting them into an image. That kind of "dump" will never be accepted on the FTP.
They are actual dumps, and the Windows and DOS disks physically are 1.44 MB, so that rules out both of those conclusions, Battler. I had meant the Oxyd floppy I dumped was 720k, not the Microsoft Quest DOS disks. And also, is there already a Microsoft Quest just like this on the FTP? And also, I found another weird game called 'Solar Winds', made by the same manufacturer as the 'Oxyd' disk was. I have dumped it (it is 720kb just like the Oxyd floppy), and I have a MEGA link for it here: https://mega.nz/#!s4UjWLYb!uhTBVqHP64Tl ... x7RKiY1paM
Note for installation: You must copy MEMORY.TXT into the installation directory afterwards, same install procedure as Oxyd (install a: c: then solar.exe.
Last edited by coltonspleen on Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Battler
Donator

Post by Battler »

- coltonspleen: Nice backpedal there, editing the post after the fact and then claiming you never said what you said. But you evidently didn't I had quoted your original post in my reply. Here it is:
I have the Microsoft Quest DOS floppies dumped, they will be upped to MEGA right away. And they are in 720kb format. And you have to use MS DOS 5.00. And I think you have to use the final as well, not sure yet. Here's the folder link: https://mega.nz/#F!I0FE3ZpI!_iVMicl2r2009V43hjSePA
So you outright claimed those disks are 720 kb. And no, they are not actual dumps. First, IO.SYS and MSDOS.SYS are missing, which is perfectly consistent with this:
Already am. Just doing a folder dump in DiskX folders then injecting works fine.
Because those two files have Hidden and System attributes set so with default settings, Windows Explorer won't show them.
Second, they have a WinImage boot sector copyrighted 2004, which I seriously doubt real floppies from the 1990's would have.