Windows 7 Backup back in Windows 10 - What's your opinion?

Discuss Windows Vista/Server 2008 to Windows 10.
x010
Staff

Windows 7 Backup back in Windows 10 - What's your opinion?

Post by x010 »

As the title says , the Windows Vista/7 Backup was again made available in the latest build of Windows 10 if you've noticed. It was present in Windows 8 but removed in Windows 8.1 .

So , I would like to know -
1 Why has Microsoft decided to make such a move?
2 Do you like this idea/Which one do you prefer(File History/Windows Backup)?(and why , I would like to know)

In my view , I like this because to me , the Windows 7 based backup system was much better to me than the one you get in Windows 8.1 . It managed backups better to my liking , unlike the weird style of File History.

What's yours?

MicroBetaMan

Re: Windows 7 Backup back in Windows 10 - What's your opinio

Post by MicroBetaMan »

I think slowly by slowly Microsoft starts to get a little less ignorant :D IMO, Microsoft is starting to listen to customer feedback, and many customers complained about the backup being taken away. Also, if Microsoft has a nice & easy back up system, it might make people more apt to buy Windows over an operating system that has more backup "coverage", per-say. I'd like to see backup go further, to the point where it backs up the registry and other functionality, too. I;d also like to see more options abut what your can do with backups, maybe even to pick & choose the parts of the backup that you want to restore. All in all, I like the good ol' Win7 backup. Very straight forward, and is already included in MS Windows. It's worked great for me in the past, and I'm confident it will come back to help again in the future!
Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything. - George Bernard Shaw

TheTerminatorExecuter

Re: Windows 7 Backup back in Windows 10 - What's your opinio

Post by TheTerminatorExecuter »

I would like if Microsoft added both. File history may help to recover files that have been edited/deleted and Windows Backup is good for people who need to store all files they have to keep
my weakness is old dell computers