Differences between these two files

Discussion of beta and abandonware topics not fit for the other forums goes here.
johnleakedfan

Differences between these two files

Post by johnleakedfan »

On the FTP, i see
.NET Server 3757 Beta 2
.NET Server 3757 RC2

What is the real difference being beta 2 and rc2, even though they are the same build

All the info I really have, not much

longhornwhistler
Donator

Re: Differences between these two files

Post by longhornwhistler »

The first should not be the same as the second considering that Beta 2 is Beta 2 and RC2 is Release Candidate 2.
"Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly, and get on with improving your other innovations." - Steve Jobs

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqZBjx ... C1dNISF8ZQ

johnleakedfan

Post by johnleakedfan »

gabegriggs1 wrote:The first should not be the same as the second considering that Beta 2 is Beta 2 and RC2 is Release Candidate 2.
I know its Beta 2 And Release Candidate 2, but Wondering the Builds numbers are the same, that is what im confused about

widdy
Donator

Post by widdy »

Download the files and diff them yourselfes. You could see the difference (in file terms, meaning file size etc.) then.

curti21

Post by curti21 »

Well they might be the same build, but in terms of stability, less bugs, etc. the Release Candidate one might (and probably will) be a lot better.

Overdoze

Post by Overdoze »

It happened sometimes that the same build was promoted to next stage because it was that good. This one's rather interesting as it seems to have gone from Beta 2 to RC1 and then to RC2. Assuming it's not a dupe/mislabel of course...
All roads lead to Neptune™

KRNL386 - my site about retro computing | My site about Windows 1.0 | My blog | 86Box Manager | LeakDB - list of PC OS warez leaks

Mr. Smith

Post by Mr. Smith »

Could it be an mistake ? I think the truth comes from the practice,you should try it.
A greeting sent from distant beta os lover