[OFFER] Memorex Trackball Mouse Driver disc

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
Darkie4646

[OFFER] Memorex Trackball Mouse Driver disc

Post by Darkie4646 »

I've decided to make a image rip of one of the very few legit floppies I have. (Besides 2 copies of the Windows 98 SE startup floppies I had that came with OEM copies of Windows 98SE that I had)
This came with the Memorex Trackball mouse I bought a few years ago off a site for use with my DOS Machines.
Now its been ripped and should now be on the server:)

mrpijey
Administrator

Re: [OFFER] Memorex Trackball Mouse Driver disc

Post by mrpijey »

By default we don't carry driver floppies or discs unless it's for specifically requested or widely used vintage hardware such as Sound Blaster, Gravis Ultrasound or any of the hardware that is virtualised in modern VMs.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

Darkstar
Donator

Post by Darkstar »

Is there a particular reason for this? Surely a few megabytes per dumped disk (in raw format) take up only a tiniest fraction of space on the FTP server. And in some years someone stumbles over one of these ancient pieces of hardware and thinks "oh, if I only had a driver for this..."
I upload stuff to archive.org from time to time. See here for everything that doesn't fit BA

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

Because we would in the end be flooded with endless driver discs and floppies for all kinds of hardware and it would in the end take up all my time processing it. Driver compilations are not in my opinion worthy software to save, as they are mere drivers for old and ancient hardware. As I said, we save some drivers for popular and common vintage hardware, but for every kind of mouse, keyboard, monitor, soundcard and whatnot would be a waste of time. I simply don't have the time to process such items and will always prioritize original software.

There are endless amounts of revisions for each driver set as well (I got over 30 SB AWE32 discs for example, all different revisions and dates), and it would be plain mad to waste the time archiving them all.

It's simply a matter of prioritizing what's important to save and what's not. We've said we will save abandonware and beta software, not drivers. Of course I understand that some may look for old drivers, but BetaArchive has never promoted nor prioritized such things.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

computebrute
Donator

Post by computebrute »

mrpijey wrote:By default we don't carry driver floppies or discs unless it's for specifically requested or widely used vintage hardware such as Sound Blaster, Gravis Ultrasound or any of the hardware that is virtualised in modern VMs.
I have Voodoo Banshee drivers, the original disc. As you know, these were quite popular, and therefore I can upload them?

Darkstar
Donator

Post by Darkstar »

mrpijey wrote:We've said we will save abandonware and beta software, not drivers.
Well, last time I checked, drivers were software ^^

But I understand the reasons. I forgot about the time it takes to process everything. Thanks for the explanation
I upload stuff to archive.org from time to time. See here for everything that doesn't fit BA