Build of Windows Vista Beta 1?

Discuss Windows Vista/Server 2008 to Windows 10.
DiskingRound

Build of Windows Vista Beta 1?

Post by DiskingRound »

I found a few images online containing screenshots of a Windows Vista Beta 1 build I'm not sure about. You can grab them here if you want. Here's one of them:
Notice there is no "Evaluation copy. Build 5112" text but rather nothing and the "Windows Vista (TM) Beta 1" text is off. It may not be possible to tell whether or not this image is a build, so if anyone has any more information, please share. I don't think this has been covered here before (I searched here but didn't find anything). Image metadata (viewable by opening the JPEG in notepad) shows this image was created on 2005-07-20 and modified 2005-07-28.
Google Translate on that webpage results in the following rough translation:
Microsoft Corp. July 27, has released the β1 of Windows next version "Windows Vista". Published in β tester about 10 000 people through the Windows Vista Technical Beta Program, I publish to several thousand people in MSDN and TechNet via the developer program.

photo
Screenshot of Windows Vista β1.
"All Documents"
In Windows Vista β1 security, introduction, manageability, emphasis is placed on strengthening of performance, user account protection, and anti-malware feature was included.

In Internet Explorer (IE) 7 browser new version, it supports tabbed browsing and RSS as a new feature. Function and to automatically adjust the Web page to the print size, MSN, AOL, Google, and provides a toolbar search box incorporating the major search such as Yahoo!.

photo
"Virtual Folders"
photo
"Control Panel"
photo
"Start Menu and Search Results"
The Windows Vista β1, was called Avalon code name as "Windows Presentation Foundation", β1 is also included of was called Indigo "Windows Communication Foundation".

In addition, the next version of Windows Server (code-named Longhorn) also, the first of β is simultaneously exposed through the Technical Beta Program. Manufacturer, OEM, system builders, such as independent software vendors I can use. Official release is scheduled for 2007.

Even while it requires minimum configuration of the system is even early in the summer next year to prove, as a guide At Microsoft, memory 512M bytes or more, graphics card that supports DirectX 9.0, the latest PC with an Intel Pentium or AMD Athlon I have recommended.
This suggests more that that screenshot is of a real build, but because of the odd build tag, i have no explanation for it; is it a concept work or a real screenshot?

ReztaNZ

Re: Build of Windows Vista Beta 1?

Post by ReztaNZ »

It's a real screenshot, but the watermark is fake.

wasabilee
Permanently Banned

Post by wasabilee »

b1 was activable
and cracks did exist

so why would it be fake
its eaither user32 or reg change that would work with cracked winlogon and activation service

Maza

Post by Maza »

A bit off topic but I do miss that virtual folder functionality. I know it is in RTM, but it is not, how to say? Ubiquitous? In Beta 1 they were listed on the Start menu (like Libraries in Windows 7). In RTM, they are relegated to a mere subfolder in the default profile directory (%USERPROFILE%\Searches).
"We do not view the desktop as a mode, legacy or otherwise."
Windows Vista: Microsoft Speech Center | Windows Vista Saved Search chronicle

wasabilee
Permanently Banned

Post by wasabilee »

I never liked them
and I hate that you can't remove those folders from win7 either
pure annoyance

Maza

Post by Maza »

wasabilee wrote:I never liked them
and I hate that you can't remove those folders from win7 either
pure annoyance
At least the scope of virtual folders is entirely customizable! Not so with Libraries, which is limited to location(s).
"We do not view the desktop as a mode, legacy or otherwise."
Windows Vista: Microsoft Speech Center | Windows Vista Saved Search chronicle

wasabilee
Permanently Banned

Post by wasabilee »

yeh but too much effort has to be done for something simple
and honestly I always was confused and got lost in those virtual folders
couldn't simply see what the hell they wanted to do with them ...