WIndows Xp x64 2003 setup help

Discuss Windows 2000, NT, XP and Windows Server 2000, 2003, SBS 2003.
johnleakedfan

WIndows Xp x64 2003 setup help

Post by johnleakedfan »

I recently found a ''XP x64 2003'' CD and also a ''XP x64 sp2 vl 2003'' CD

the normal CD of XP x64 2003 I found and tried in VMWare, It isnt bootable, and also I found out you cant install over the normal XP x64 from 2001 already

If anyone would like to help, That would be appreciated

mrpijey
Administrator

Re: WIndows Xp x64 2003 setup help

Post by mrpijey »

How are we supposed to help you when you give absolutely no information about your problem or what you got? Have you checked your CDs for what architecture they are? AMD64 or IA64? Have you checked what version and build they are? How did you setup your VM? Are the CDs legit? You need to provide some more info than "I found this CD and it doesn't work".
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

johnleakedfan

Post by johnleakedfan »

mrpijey wrote:How are we supposed to help you when you give absolutely no information about your problem or what you got? Have you checked your CDs for what architecture they are? AMD64 or IA64? Have you checked what version and build they are? How did you setup your VM? Are the CDs legit? You need to provide some more info than "I found this CD and it doesn't work".

It is IA64, I use Xp x64 in VMWare during Setup with more than half a gigabyte or RAM (all the info I remember since im not at my main computer)

I can find out more information later, you want me to upload somewhere to take a look at them aswell?

Matriks404

Post by Matriks404 »

Sorry but, there are no IA64 emulators yet... and nobody is probably working on it. There was only one IA64 "emulator" which was used to test ia64 linux binaries or something like this. There was also a some GSoC project for QEMU, but I did some research and i didn't found any code or even documentation for it. Just this: http://wiki.qemu.org/Google_Summer_of_C ... _emulation

DiskingRound

Post by DiskingRound »

As Matriks404 said, emulating IA64 isn't possible as of now. No one's written a fully working emulator for it yet. I know of a program called Ski (http://ski.sourceforge.net) but sadly it doesn't emulate a full IA64 system. So no XP x64 for you. While as of today the QEMU GSoC project's web page is gone but the Wayback Machine has saved it (https://web.archive.org/web/20130510193 ... ysquad.com). Interesting read for anyone who's happy enough to dig into IA64 emulation.