VPC 2007 with Windows Virtual PC on one machine

Discussion of beta and abandonware topics not fit for the other forums goes here.
supra107

VPC 2007 with Windows Virtual PC on one machine

Post by supra107 »

Hi, so, I've got a new computer with Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, and I installed Windows Virtual PC. And is there an option to run Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 together with Windows Virtual PC without conflicts?
Offtopic Comment
Also, I've lost most of my virtual machines that I moved onto 32GB USB stick, which then couldn't be read :(
Heroes of Might and Magic III for life!

Wheatley
Donator

Re: VPC 2007 with Windows Virtual PC on one machine

Post by Wheatley »

It's not possible as far as I know.
Windows Defender for great justice! Bugs are an international trading company. I need to defeat the anti-debugging and obfuscation methods. It wasn't for Intel's absurd ability to load in ie6. Why even waste time with people in an envelope?

x010
Staff

Post by x010 »

supra107 wrote:Hi, so, I've got a new computer with Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, and I installed Windows Virtual PC. And is there an option to run Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 together with Windows Virtual PC without conflicts?
Offtopic Comment
Also, I've lost most of my virtual machines that I moved onto 32GB USB stick, which then couldn't be read :(
I think yes , you can.

supra107

Post by supra107 »

But how? That's the question.

supra107

Post by supra107 »

So, I've found this tutorial: http://nookkin.com/articles/how-tos-and ... chine.ndoc and I did pretty much what it said, and it throws me this error about the video driver. I also tried the method with the CE emulator in the comments and it also didn't work. I have this driver file, but what good it is when it doesn't work properly? :(

veso266

Post by veso266 »

@supra107 are you on 64 or 32 Bit system?

If you are on 64 bit you don't need to uninstall VPC 2007 at all

1. Install Windows Virtual PC
PS: If you install Virtual PC 2007 don't install it into Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 folder

2. delete this key from registry: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products\899384DAA9E2504438FF E6 05A34FC9BB]
PS: Your key name will be maybe difrent so to check which it is just go to: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products and search for "PC 2007"

3. Now download: http://nookkin.com/download/VPC2007Workaround.zip
4. rename Virtual PC.exe to Virtual PC.bin and copy Virtual PC.exe to the install folder
PS: It's good to have this fix because it will check if Windows Virtual PC and Virtual PC 2007 are opened in the same time

5. Open the vpc-license.reg file with Notepad. On the last line of the file, replace the string "AAAAA-BBB-CCCCCCC-DDDDD" with your Windows product ID, which can be found by right-clicking My Computer and clicking Properties. Then, save the file and double-click on it to add the information to the registry. Be sure to enter your real product ID before double-clicking on the file!
6. double-click on vpc-shell.reg to add shell associations to the registry

Hope it helps

supra107

Post by supra107 »

It works! Thanks man! :)

Mr. Smith

Post by Mr. Smith »

Thanks to veso266,you solve my same problem in time, too.
A greeting sent from distant beta os lover

Overdoze

Post by Overdoze »

It's actually easier if you do it the other way around, installing VPC2007 the normal way first, deleting the reg key and then installing WVPC as usual.
All roads lead to Neptune™

KRNL386 - my site about retro computing | My site about Windows 1.0 | My blog | 86Box Manager | LeakDB - list of PC OS warez leaks