[Request] PS2 demo discs

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
Wanderer
Donator

[Request] PS2 demo discs

Post by Wanderer »

Good evening,

I registered on this site due to Google leading me here. I'm currently assisting with an archival project for video games, particularly the early 2000s.

If you have old demo software for the PSX or PS2, I'm interested, and can update this thread as needed with what I'm currently looking for.

computebrute
Donator

Re: [Request] PS2 demo discs

Post by computebrute »

What do you mean by demo software?
The Playstation zone magazine gave out interactive demo disks, which you can download from any ROM site.
We here on BA do not keep any old PS1/PS2 games yet, since they are still very much widespread. However, we do keep PS1/PS2 betas, and press disks.

Wanderer
Donator

Post by Wanderer »

Betas and press discs are very much within the archival project's remit, as many were assigned official serial numbers. Back then, however, the record-keeping wasn't great, so part of the reason for the project is to go back and chase down all the releases so they can be verified.

computebrute
Donator

Post by computebrute »

Well then, what would you need?

Wanderer
Donator

Post by Wanderer »

I've got a list I'm working through a bit at a time. Right now I'm looking for a disc or a disc image of SCED-51366 to verify what it is; current thinking is that it's a demo of Ape Escape 2, which may be up on the FTP already as per another thread. I'll update this as I receive more serial numbers from the project.

mkbea1985

Post by mkbea1985 »

Two video game system disc's this site could consider archiving is Phillips CDI and Tandy VIS. There are very few rom sites that offer CDI discs and the ones that do don't have all of them, particularly the mutimedia discs such as tv shows, movies and music video discs. I don't think there is any free site that offers Tandy VIS discs. The only site that has all of the CDI discs and Tandy VIS is theoldcomputer.com but you have to pay to access the downloads. Sorry to bump this thread but I just wanted to make that suggestion.