A question about Longhorn

Discuss Windows Vista/Server 2008 to Windows 10.
Resident007

A question about Longhorn

Post by Resident007 »

Hello everyone! Is there a possibility of leaking LH 4044 or 4050?

Wheatley
Donator

Re: A question about Longhorn

Post by Wheatley »

Asking will not work.
Windows Defender for great justice! Bugs are an international trading company. I need to defeat the anti-debugging and obfuscation methods. It wasn't for Intel's absurd ability to load in ie6. Why even waste time with people in an envelope?

Resident007

Post by Resident007 »

Wheatley wrote:Asking will not work.
What do you mean?

Archenemy
Permanently Banned

Post by Archenemy »

Resident007 wrote:What do you mean?
An unleaked build doesn't get leaked because a member asks for it, it will leak if someone decides to leak it.
@Archenemy betaarchive member

Last edited by Archenemy on Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:00 am, edited 6634564737338 times in total.

Resident007

Post by Resident007 »

Archenemy wrote:
Resident007 wrote:What do you mean?
An unleaked build doesn't get leaked because a member asks for it, it will leak if someone decides to leak it.
I undersood, but I was just asking if it's possible if someone decides to do it because i know it's .private build

Archenemy
Permanently Banned

Post by Archenemy »

Resident007 wrote:I undersood, but I was just asking if it's possible if someone decides to do it because i know it's .private build
If someone decides to leak it they will if they have the build.

Last edited by Archenemy on Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:00 am, edited 6634564737338 times in total.

JimOlive
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Universe, Existence

Post by JimOlive »

Technacally, yes there is a chance, but how high, I don't know.

Samuka

Post by Samuka »

I prefer builds 5001 to 5099, but, if exist, maybe only on Microsoft internal server (or nor there)

ReztaNZ

Post by ReztaNZ »

Resident007 wrote:Hello everyone! Is there a possibility of leaking LH 4044 or 4050?
It's a bit like the end of the world; could be today, tomorrow, next week or in 10 years. Just a "wait and see" type of thing at this point sadly.

wasabilee
Permanently Banned

Post by wasabilee »

actually the most sad thing is that this is so OLD OS (not to mention how broken and experimental it is)
and quite insignificant nowdays that it makes no sense to keep builds of it hidden

its not year 2004/5 anymore... its 2015

Resident007

Post by Resident007 »

okay. thanks everyone for the answers. i will be waiting

lucas93

Post by lucas93 »

wasabilee wrote:actually the most sad thing is that this is so OLD OS (not to mention how broken and experimental it is)
and quite insignificant nowdays that it makes no sense to keep builds of it hidden

Sure, you can say that because there is no risk Microsoft will send lawyers after you. Just because its old doesn't mean nobody cares for it. For people leaking things the risk is very real.
If the entire source tree for the retail version of HL2 were to suddenly leak (as in all maps, models, textures and code) do you think Valve would sit around and go "meh"? It's naive to think that large businesses won't protect their IP simply because its old.

wasabilee
Permanently Banned

Post by wasabilee »

nobody is talking about source code... ...
for crying out loud, you have weekly leaks of boring win 10 and nothing happens

I fail to see who gives a rats arse there for outdated, bugged-out, totally insecure half baked OS

Archenemy
Permanently Banned

Post by Archenemy »

wasabilee wrote:I fail to see who gives a rats arse there for outdated, bugged-out, totally insecure half baked OS
Because of some of the features that never made it into the final RTM build. We only test these betas on Virtual Machines and/or secondary computers and/or secondary hard drives.

Maza

Post by Maza »

lucas93 wrote:
wasabilee wrote:actually the most sad thing is that this is so OLD OS (not to mention how broken and experimental it is)

Sure, you can say that because there is no risk Microsoft will send lawyers after you. Just because its old doesn't mean nobody cares for it. For people leaking things the risk is very real.
If the entire source tree for the retail version of HL2 were to suddenly leak (as in all maps, models, textures and code) do you think Valve would sit around and go "meh"? It's naive to think that large businesses won't protect their IP simply because its old.
How is your response even relevant to what wasabilee had written? He didn't say that nobody cares for it. His point was that because of its age one would expect it to have leaked by now, but it hasn't.
"We do not view the desktop as a mode, legacy or otherwise."
Windows Vista: Microsoft Speech Center | Windows Vista Saved Search chronicle

Lukas Marsik

Post by Lukas Marsik »

I guess you never traded builds before, there's this key aspect of trading which is the value of a build and that doesn't deteriorate based on age at all. People still keep things to themselves because they obviously want more and if someone wanted to have his 10 minutes of fame by leaking something like a Longhorn build, sure, he'll have them but his sources&friends which keep him up-to-date with said stuff will just cut off contact with him and (almost) nobody wants that.

wasabilee
Permanently Banned

Post by wasabilee »

except there's nothing valuable to trade anymore
most "exceptional" lets call them that, were leaked...
these remnants are just... oh well... I don't blame people to keep their treasure

Its just objectivly absurd not no leak it after 10 years