Viewing/Running Apple II disks

Discuss any beta and abandonware applications.
RubyTuesday
Donator

Viewing/Running Apple II disks

Post by RubyTuesday »

I have KF dumped some Apple II disks which I suspect are from 1982. They appear to be Apple DOS 3.3 formatted at 143,360 Bytes, so I've used a dsk extension, instead of img.

I'd like to try and determine the year and version of the disks. My limited understanding is that Apple DOS3.3 didn't store file dates, as such. So. I'm hoping that running the disks in an emulator might give me more clues.

Can anyone give me some guidance on an emulator or DSK viewer that will work under Windows?

Matriks404

Re: Viewing/Running Apple II disks

Post by Matriks404 »

MESS's Apple II emulation is pretty good, but you might get trouble in setting that up, without GUI. MESSUI is pretty good for that. And you must get Apple II roms to get emulator to work.

RubyTuesday
Donator

Post by RubyTuesday »

Yeah, I did some Googling and quickly came across the MESS solution. I found a ready-made distro here

Helped me find that I dumped to AppleDOS 3.3+ but should have dumped to DSK, DOS 3.3 Interleaved.

Looks like the disks are 1982 after all.

rechly121

Post by rechly121 »

Hello, Is really Mess's Apple 2 get trouble to setup? Actually am totally new about that.
Rechly Parker
IT Analyst

tarlabnor

Post by tarlabnor »

RubyTuesday wrote:Can anyone give me some guidance on an emulator or DSK viewer that will work under Windows?
Did you try using Ciderpress as a viewer for Apple floppy images ? I think it should work with DSK.

rechly121

Post by rechly121 »

As far as I know, Emulator is a hardware devices or program in computer. But am not sure that you talking about this emulator.
Rechly Parker
IT Analyst