Uploading software

Problem with the site? Got a suggestion? Got feedback? Post here and the staff will discuss it with you.
tehur

Uploading software

Post by tehur »

Hello! I have recently discovered this Web site in the course of seeking out some old versions of software, and from looking through the forums it seems that you may have the programs I'm looking for. From reading some of the Web pages, I understand that I should upload software in the manner specified, in order to be able to obtain other software that you already have.

I have Microsoft Encarta® Reference Library 2002: The Contents of 5 CDs on 1 DVD!, 0501 part no. X08-25415 (English) that I would be delighted to upload. I have the CD case for it, but unfortunately no retail box.

From what I read, one of the rules is that the software I upload should be unique, and using the search tool doesn't seem to show that version of Encarta, but I would be surprised if you didn't have it! Is it something you would like to have?

I also have Microsoft Windows NT® Workstation Operating System Version 4.0, 0198 Part No. X03-58463 (English) if anyone wants it, but I haven't imaged it yet, and I don't have the original CD case or box for it, sadly.

What would you suggest I do? When I upload software to you, should I announce it in a forum post, or tell you about it somehow? Should I also mirror it elsewhere, so it is preserved safely?

Thank you for your help!

x010
Staff

Re: Uploading software

Post by x010 »

I think that we have both of them; you may want to contact an admin to confirm.

tehur

Post by tehur »

x010 wrote:I think that we have both of them; you may want to contact an admin to confirm.
Ok, thank you so much for writing back! I do have some more CDs that I would be glad to share, but I don't know if you would want them (mostly they are CDs that came with hardware and include bundled applications). What is the best way to check if you have them?

Thank you again for your help!

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

Make an offering in the Download Requests/Offers forum and list all your items in a post. We'll check out your list and get back to you on what we have and don't have.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

tehur

Post by tehur »

mrpijey wrote:Make an offering in the Download Requests/Offers forum and list all your items in a post. We'll check out your list and get back to you on what we have and don't have.
Ok, great! It might take me a little while to do that though. Thanks for your help!