[REQUEST] Windows 3.1 DDK

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
Win95Fan

[REQUEST] Windows 3.1 DDK

Post by Win95Fan »

We already have it on the FTP,
but it's not from original media.
I'm your biggest fan, Windows 9x series of operating systems!

pittical

Re: [REQUEST] Windows 3.1 DDK

Post by pittical »

I might have this (would need to rip open the packaging to make sure, the disc on top just says "Online Documentation Disk 1", can't read the rest but it should be the full DDK I believe; also some of the discs might've gone bad). Won't get around to dumping it until next year in any case... Also I'm a bit short on current machines with floppy drives (so no WinImage). Have a couple of older ones though. Would a dump using 'raread' for DOS suffice? Otherwise there'd be 'dd' on an ancient installation of SUSE, or maybe I could find the most recent version of WinImage that still works on Win98...

Win95Fan

Post by Win95Fan »

Actually the Windows 3.1 DDK came on CD-ROM.

Darkstar
Donator

Post by Darkstar »

A dump using a KryoFlux would be preferred, especially if the disks are mint and unopened.

Depending on who you live you could send the disks to someone who has a Kryoflux to get them dumped and returned to you. Within Germany I can offer a dumping service and I would even cover shipping both ways ;-) [outside of Germany would depend on the shipping costs]
I upload stuff to archive.org from time to time. See here for everything that doesn't fit BA

Battler
Donator

Post by Battler »

- Win95Fan: Actually, given what period it's from, I wouldn't exclude the possibility that a floppy release exists.
Main developer of the 86Box emulator.
Join the 86Box Discord server, a nice community for true enthusiasts and 86Box supports!

The anime channel is on the Ring of Lightning Discord server.

Check out our SoftHistory Forum for quality discussion about older software.

Win95Fan

Post by Win95Fan »

Battler wrote:- Win95Fan: Actually, given what period it's from, I wouldn't exclude the possibility that a floppy release exists.
Then I'm requesting both the floppy (if it exists) and CD-ROM releases!

pittical

Post by pittical »

Well, I opened the package, and got fours discs of "Online Documentation" and one "Device Driver Samples and Tools". i.e. none of the juicy bits, unfortunately... Son, I am disappoint.
Darkstar wrote:you could send the disks to someone who has a Kryoflux to get them dumped and returned to you. Within Germany I can offer a dumping service and I would even cover shipping both ways
Want them, just let me know where to send them and they're yours. No need to ship them back.

Win95Fan

Post by Win95Fan »

pittical: Please dump the disks, since you have them.

pittical

Post by pittical »

Already on their way to Darkstar, as of a few hours ago. I accidentally dropped one while packing them up though, hopefully that didn't mess it up too much (besides the - now missing - drive cover spring). Sh*t happens.

Darkstar
Donator

Post by Darkstar »

Nah, it should still work. I dumped plenty of disks with missing or broken dustcover.

Thanks again for sending them, I'll upload the dumps (+ scans) as soon as I get them (okay, maybe a few days later depending on when they arrive ;-) )
I upload stuff to archive.org from time to time. See here for everything that doesn't fit BA

Darkstar
Donator

Post by Darkstar »

Received, scanned, dumped, and uploaded into the giant "unprocessed" queue ;-)

Win95Fan

Post by Win95Fan »

I inspected the release and it's missing the Device Drivers Samples & Tools Disks 2-6 and all Virtual Device Samples & Tools Disks!

pittical

Post by pittical »

Well, yes, I already mentioned what my package actually contained earlier. This is all I managed to rescue from the trash bin at work some weeks ago - the rest was probably thrown out at some other time.

Win95Fan

Post by Win95Fan »

Somebody with a full Windows 3.1 DDK disk set please upload it--the release on the FTP is incomplete!

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

Topic cleaned up. Backseat moderation is strictly forbidden, if you got an issue with a post you report it, if you got a specific question to a member you PM him. Simple as that.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube