Windows Vista Secrets

Discuss Windows Vista/Server 2008 to Windows 10.
Javier

Windows Vista Secrets

Post by Javier »

I actually found some secrets in Windows Vista. When i was browsing through the winbrand.dll file through Resource Hacker i found out some secrets in the file. I found the Windows XP bitmaps in it and some Windows Server 2003 ones like Appliance edition and oddly i found the Windows XP Freestyle which i think was the codename of Media Center Edition. The Editions of XP were,Professional,Home Edition,Tablet PC Edition and Starter Edition which i considered that they were leftovers from XP and Server 2003. So this proves that Vista was built in Server 2003 RC Code and Server 2003 SP1 Code.
Also when i looked in msgina.dll i found out that it had longhorn leftovers like it said Windows Vista Business with the white windows logo since it was used in msgina.dll since build 5219.

wasabilee
Permanently Banned

Re: Windows Vista Secrets

Post by wasabilee »

left overs aren't that big of the secret ...

take a look of some Vista and 7 icons
they contain "window frames" that of longhorn 4074

hounsell

Post by hounsell »

Javier wrote:Also when i looked in msgina.dll i found out that it had longhorn leftovers like it said Windows Vista Business with the white windows logo since it was used in msgina.dll since build 5219.
Actually, the white Windows logo isn't a leftover. It was still used in Windows Vista for 16-colour display.

Javier

Post by Javier »

Yeah it does contain the window border from longhorn 4074. Another thing that i didn't notice was that the progress bar in the bootscreen is the same as XP's except that its green and it is split.