Get twiwmtb aero on 4074 original

Discuss Windows Vista/Server 2008 to Windows 10.
Archenemy
Permanently Banned

Get twiwmtb aero on 4074 original

Post by Archenemy »

Hello guys, according to whistlerinstalls's longhorn 4088 video, at the end it shows whistlerinstalls creating the aero theme. How do I get the same type of aero in longhorn 4074 original (not twiwmtb)? Here is the video:
Offtopic Comment
The end says it all.
@Archenemy betaarchive member

Last edited by Archenemy on Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:00 am, edited 6634564737338 times in total.

Lukas Marsik

Re: Get twiwmtb aero on 4074 original

Post by Lukas Marsik »

The video just shows enabled transparent taskbar and sidebar, not windows

ovctvct

Post by ovctvct »

And that could be enabled with MILExplorer and some ''hacking'' to the Jade theme.

Archenemy
Permanently Banned

Post by Archenemy »

Lukas Marsik wrote:The video just shows enabled transparent taskbar and sidebar, not windows
That's what I mean by get aero and get animated preview pane aurora in longhorn 4074 original not twiwmtb.

Last edited by Archenemy on Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:00 am, edited 6634564737338 times in total.

Lukas Marsik

Post by Lukas Marsik »

Archenemy wrote:That's what I mean by get aero and get animated preview pane aurora in longhorn 4074 original not twiwmtb.
There's no APPA in that video either

Archenemy
Permanently Banned

Post by Archenemy »

Lukas Marsik wrote:
Archenemy wrote:That's what I mean by get aero and get animated preview pane aurora in longhorn 4074 original not twiwmtb.
There's no APPA in that video either
The video was only for the last part and I know appa is not in that video but I meant as in how do I get appa in longhorn 4074 original?

Lukas Marsik

Post by Lukas Marsik »

Archenemy wrote:The video was only for the last part and I know appa is not in that video but I meant as in how do I get appa in longhorn 4074 original?
Most of it relies on the aero theme itself, TWIWMTB uses an internal one, and no, I don't know where did they manage to get it

yourepicfailure
Donator

Post by yourepicfailure »

"And it looks like the video was made private. Whistlerinstalls really is Pi**** angry..."

He probably used an aero theme creation utility. Might be one of the 4074 tools on EmoAddict15's site.
Site: dk.toastednet.org/iex_lh/
"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot; C++ makes it harder, but when you do it blows your whole leg off"
You will never tear me from the grasp of the Pentium M!

ovctvct

Post by ovctvct »

yourepicfailure wrote:"And it looks like the video was made private. Whistlerinstalls really is [censored] angry..."

He probably used an aero theme creation utility. Might be one of the 4074 tools on EmoAddict15's site.
Site: dk.toastednet.org/iex_lh/
Offtopic Comment
Oh, that has no point, even if the video is now private, people would still know how to get DWM :P
Back on topic, there is a tutorial on Longhorn.ms on how to get DWM in 4074.

AlphaBeta
Donator

Post by AlphaBeta »

ovctvct wrote:
Offtopic Comment
Oh, that has no point, even if the video is now private, people would still know how to get DWM :P
Are you trying to magically read his minds? If yes, then you a bit failed, because the reason he put the video as private surely wouldn't be because ERMERGERD DWM.
Last edited by AlphaBeta on Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AlphaBeta, stop brainwashing me immediately!

Archenemy
Permanently Banned

Post by Archenemy »

ovctvct wrote:Back on topic, there is a tutorial on Longhorn.ms on how to get DWM in 4074.
Longhorn.ms gives me ugly green borders with the original 4074 iso.

yourepicfailure
Donator

Archenemy wrote:
ovctvct wrote:Back on topic, there is a tutorial on Longhorn.ms on how to get DWM in 4074.
The reason you're getting those "ugly" green borders is because you probably didn't do something right with the theme. There is a download of melcher's theme available on-site, so try that. Also, renaming the new theme to something other than jade could help.
"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot; C++ makes it harder, but when you do it blows your whole leg off"

Archenemy
Permanently Banned

Post by Archenemy »

yourepicfailure wrote:
Archenemy wrote:
The reason you're getting those "ugly" green borders is because you probably didn't do something right with the theme. There is a download of melcher's theme available on-site, so try that. Also, renaming the new theme to something other than jade could help.
I did download the aero themes from LeoaprM95 (Melcher's) site and put them into the right places and turned on aero and it had ugly green borders.

Melcher
Donator

Post by Melcher »

Please note that my own theme files won't give you anything else than the default greenish theme. The greenish theme is the ONLY DWM theme that comes with the build. BOFH created a very nice looking DWM theme I suggest checking out: http://new.longhorn.ms/dwn. TWIWMTB comes with a proper DWM theme pre-installed.

Archenemy
Permanently Banned

Post by Archenemy »

Melcher wrote:Please note that my own theme files won't give you anything else than the default greenish theme. The greenish theme is the ONLY DWM theme that comes with the build. BOFH created a very nice looking DWM theme I suggest checking out: http://new.longhorn.ms/dwn. TWIWMTB comes with a proper DWM theme pre-installed.
Offtopic Comment
So that means that the screenshots you took for longhorn 4074 was with twiwmtb iso?

Melcher
Donator

Post by Melcher »

Judging by the animated aurora in the preview pane, yes. But as I said above, you can achieve the same transparency by using BOFH's theme.

yourepicfailure
Donator

Melcher wrote:Please note that my own theme files won't give you anything else than the default greenish theme. The greenish theme is the ONLY DWM theme that comes with the build. BOFH created a very nice looking DWM theme I suggest checking out: http://new.longhorn.ms/dwn. TWIWMTB comes with a proper DWM theme pre-installed.
Thought so. 4074 still keeps DCE resources in desksrv. Looks like you'll need to do a little dll or resource changing with desksrv to get the aero you want. I can give you a desksrv for traditional glass or twiwmtb glass.