Microsoft UniveRSS for Windows Vista

Discuss Windows Vista/Server 2008 to Windows 10.
Maza

Microsoft UniveRSS for Windows Vista

Post by Maza »

How many members here have tried, or heard of the Microsoft UniveRSS WPF application for Windows Vista? UniveRSS, as described by Microsoft, leverages the Windows Presentation Foundation to introduce "a full-screen universe where galaxies represent the folders of your RSS feed directory, and the stars are represented by the spinning cubes that hold the feed information. Size and position of the feed cubes indicate how many unread items they contain."

Hardware requirements for UniveRSS are the same for Windows Vista Premium Ready PCs.
  • 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
    1 GB of system memory
    Support for DirectX 9 graphics with a WDDM driver, 128 MB of graphics memory (minimum), Pixel Shader 2.0 and 32 bits per pixel.
The links for an official download from Microsoft are not working. A cursory Internet search led me to discover that the file is hosted by CHIP Holding GmbH. (Download link)

Hopefully someone finds this interesting or useful.
"We do not view the desktop as a mode, legacy or otherwise."
Windows Vista: Microsoft Speech Center | Windows Vista Saved Search chronicle

onza110
Donator

Re: Microsoft UniveRSS for Windows Vista

Post by onza110 »

I gave it a go. Not bad TBH, I need to find some good RSS feeds for it though.

Maza

Re: Microsoft UniveRSS for Windows Vista

Post by Maza »

onza110 wrote:I gave it a go. Not bad TBH, I need to find some good RSS feeds for it though.
If you are interested, there is also a list of third-party, WPF-based applications. https://web.archive.org/web/20071217130 ... copia.aspx
"We do not view the desktop as a mode, legacy or otherwise."
Windows Vista: Microsoft Speech Center | Windows Vista Saved Search chronicle