Windows 8 DP Activation Fix?

Discuss Windows Vista/Server 2008 to Windows 10.
yourepicfailure
Donator

Windows 8 DP Activation Fix?

Post by yourepicfailure »

Andy wrote:Discussion is allowed but providing links or uploading one to the BA server is forbidden. If you want to send the OP a link do so via PM not the forum, or explain where to find it.
Is there any way to crack fix the Windows 8 DP activation? I don't want to set back BIOS date, due to invalid certificate issues (because they were issued AFTER the current bios date) and several program anti-piracy systems trip up to this as well. (don't ask)

Or does it use the same activation system as 7989? I know of the kb2671501 update to delay activation issues, but the time space for that is long gone.

EDIT: No, I'm not trying to "fix" the activation. I'm just trying to, well, keep windows from giving me friendly reminders to "upgrade" to a windows release or go through 2 hour restarts.

In other words any cracks or methods out there?
Last edited by yourepicfailure on Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot; C++ makes it harder, but when you do it blows your whole leg off"
You will never tear me from the grasp of the Pentium M!

ovctvct

Re: Windows 8 DP Activation Fix?

Post by ovctvct »

I think it could be but I didn't see any working activators/whatever online, the links lead to surveys, viruses etc. :(

Lukas Marsik

Post by Lukas Marsik »

No you can’t repair it

aeroslate

Post by aeroslate »

If it's anything like CP simply disabling the software protection platform service might do the trick (for the most part).

Code: Select all

sc stop sppsvc
sc config sppsvc start= disabled
(you'll need to run cmd as SYSTEM for the latter command to work)

edit:
Left it running for 4h. No nags or shutdowns so far.

yourepicfailure
Donator

Post by yourepicfailure »

Yes, it's similar to CP, because my friendly 7989 "fixer" didn't work on it. It would log me out after 5 minutes of usage. (apparently, Microsoft smartened up and fixed the activation glitches)
Now to figure out why DP doesn't want to install on my laptop. (setup claims it can't set up my hardware. load of crap)
"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot; C++ makes it harder, but when you do it blows your whole leg off"
You will never tear me from the grasp of the Pentium M!

Sim31

Post by Sim31 »

Hate to resurrect a old topic but im now trying out this build, the command from user "aeroslate" does not work, wondering if there is any other workaround for this build to keep it from restarting every 2 hours?

Gustav Vasa

Post by Gustav Vasa »

Sim31 wrote:Hate to resurrect a old topic but im now trying out this build, the command from user "aeroslate" does not work, wondering if there is any other workaround for this build to keep it from restarting every 2 hours?
The only thing that aeroslate's command does is disable activation or sppsvc, but it doesn't disable timebomb. Judging from the picture he seems like he has removed timebomb with a spp hack. I've never met anyone that has debombed 8102 replacing the spp folder, however I was helped by a friendly user giving me a patched kernel that prevents 8102 from restarting every 2 hours. However, you'll need to always boot disabling "Start without signature enforcement (or something like that)" because you also need to patch bootmgr and winload (I was given these patched files as well).

By the way, I tried to install 8102 on my asus x200ca spare laptop, but weirdly 8102 cannot open any browser, SeaMonkey crashes at start and I cannot write anything on Palemoon or Basilisk, unlike in VMWare which they worked well on a 8102 vm. On the laptop the bootmgr and winload patch didn't work either, but it's because bootmgr is supposed to be replaced on the system reserved partition, but I didn't need to replace bootmgr on the system reserved partition on VMware. I was told that 8102 may not work or be able to open most programs on the asus x200ca laptop because its cpu is too new for 8102, but well....

Sim31

Post by Sim31 »

Gustav Vasa wrote:
Sim31 wrote:Hate to resurrect a old topic but im now trying out this build, the command from user "aeroslate" does not work, wondering if there is any other workaround for this build to keep it from restarting every 2 hours?
The only thing that aeroslate's command does is disable activation or sppsvc, but it doesn't disable timebomb. Judging from the picture he seems like he has removed timebomb with a spp hack. I've never met anyone that has debombed 8102 replacing the spp folder, however I was helped by a friendly user giving me a patched kernel that prevents 8102 from restarting every 2 hours. However, you'll need to always boot disabling "Start without signature enforcement (or something like that)" because you also need to patch bootmgr and winload (I was given these patched files as well).

By the way, I tried to install 8102 on my asus x200ca spare laptop, but weirdly 8102 cannot open any browser, SeaMonkey crashes at start and I cannot write anything on Palemoon or Basilisk, unlike in VMWare which they worked well on a 8102 vm. On the laptop the bootmgr and winload patch didn't work either, but it's because bootmgr is supposed to be replaced on the system reserved partition, but I didn't need to replace bootmgr on the system reserved partition on VMware. I was told that 8102 may not work or be able to open most programs on the asus x200ca laptop because its cpu is too new for 8102, but well....
Thanks for the input. So I'm assuming since I'm trying to do this with build 7989, that it's basically the same as the 8102 that your talking of?

YueLing11

Post by YueLing11 »

Gustav Vasa wrote:

Other method is disabling Software Protection service, it won't remove the timebomb but won't restart automatically (thanks to xXCr3ep1ngV3ngeanceXx for instruction).

Also for browser, Google Chrome actually worked in this build.

Gustav Vasa

Post by Gustav Vasa »

Sim31 wrote:
Thanks for the input. So I'm assuming since I'm trying to do this with build 7989, that it's basically the same as the 8102 that your talking of?
Well, as for removing the timebomb it's basically the same, you need to patch the kernel, winload and bootmgr, you can also disable timebomb changing spp folder in the iso, however you need to change the permissions of the files inside the tweaked spp folder so they're owned by system or TrustedInstaller if I'm not mistaken. I once tried to remove timebomb of a 7989 iso replacing the spp folder with the one found on Windows 7 Ultimate, but it didn't work 'cos I didn't change permissions back, I couldn't do it anyway, Trustedinstaller didn't show up on the all users pane.

Gustav Vasa

Post by Gustav Vasa »

YueLing11 wrote: Other method is disabling Software Protection service, it won't remove the timebomb but won't restart automatically (thanks to xXCr3ep1ngV3ngeanceXx for instruction).

Also for browser, Google Chrome actually worked in this build.
Back in August I did a few experiments with 8102, and as for the Software Protection Service (Which is about sppsvc as I said before), I disabled it and still 8102 restarted after 2 hours. And yeah, It seems like Chrome worked, I tested it on my lap yesterday's night, and it worked, but all these firefox forks such as SeaMonkey, Palemoon and Basilisk didn't work, and that's weird 'cos they work on VMWare. Some drivers don't work on 8102, so I've thought about installing Windows 7, install the drivers and afterwards updating to 8102, but hmm....

AS95678

Post by AS95678 »

TrustedInstaller won't show up in All Users pane, it's a service account. You add it back by giving permissions to NT SERVICE\TrustedInstaller.