(OFFER) Solaris 10 Beta 7

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
Courage

(OFFER) Solaris 10 Beta 7

Post by Courage »

I got these ISO's from an old FTP site. The dates on the files match (Dated 2004/10) and it's referred to as version sol10_69 internally and Solaris 10 Beta 7. However, as I'm currently installing it, I have no screenshots. I'd say that this has a 95% chance of being real, but I can't find any info on this. (Because it was closed-source, unlike Solaris 11, most likely.)

Is anyone interested in this?

DiskingRound

Re: (OFFER) Solaris 10 Beta 7

Post by DiskingRound »

Yes, I am interested in any Solaris beta ISO. These ISOs are rare and not available on the high surface Web, but rather in random obscure FTP's. I currently have no Solaris beta ISOs, and I don't know if this would be accepted on the FTP. Mind sharing the address of the FTP you found this on so we can check the betas out and see if they are real?
Last edited by DiskingRound on Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Courage

Post by Courage »

194.187.207.214/pub/unix/SUN

That's the address of the FTP that has, among other things, Solaris 8 07/01 (Update 5, and coincidentally, the month and year I was born :) ), Solaris 9 12/02 (Update 2, only CDE included, GNOME was not added till Update 4) and the aforementioned beta.

DiskingRound

Post by DiskingRound »

Courage wrote:194.187.207.214/pub/unix/SUN

That's the address of the FTP that has, among other things, Solaris 8 07/01 (Update 5, and coincidentally, the month and year I was born :) ), Solaris 9 12/02 (Update 2, only CDE included, GNOME was not added till Update 4) and the aforementioned beta.
I already checked this FTP, no other new Solaris releases on it. Anyway, thanks for providing these rarities! Even though they probably won't be accepted to the FTP, at least they deserve preservation of some sort! This is another great example of how Solaris beta software can be hard to find. Finding references to builds in dead FTP's, e-mails and bug reports, is nothing unusual. It is common to find them.

Courage

Post by Courage »

PS: That b106 is more likely 01/06, which refers to Solaris 10 Update 1.